Grocery list help and question about turkey meat?

Options
2»

Replies

• kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    I just started using ground turkey for food and I like it. It doesn't taste like hamburger it is different. But I have been using it for foods I used to put hamburger in. Hubby said yesterday it was really good as meatloaf.
  • AmandaMonique
    Options
    Butterball makes a thin n crispy "everyday" turkey bacon that's AMAZING.
    I don't eat pork, so I can't really compare it to 'real' bacon but this is the best turkey bacon I've ever had and it's the only one that actually gets crispy *that i've tried* without pretty much burning.

Hope that helps!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    We LOVE turkey products. Turkey burgers, turkey bacon and turkey sausage. It does taste different but we really have grown to enjoy it. Try it again with an open mind.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Turkey is just about the same nutritional value as 93% lean ground beef. In fact, I think it may be the exact same calorie-wise. So, if you want to continue eating beef, go ahead! :) There's actually 96% lean ground beef available (I've yet to find turkey this lean). It's more expensive, but it's only 120 calories and 4.5 grams of fat per 4 oz.

Anyways, I like turkey products, but (as stated above) all of them have just about the same caloric value as beef products. I'd rather have beef and regular bacon. (Btw, ground turkey taste very similar to ground beef to me.)
  • betterthanmama
    betterthanmama Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Turkey is cheaper so I like turkey. If you are worried mix it with beef so you don't feel like your eating something weird. It's just another meat, not to be confused with a "replacement".

That's like expecting tofu to taste like beef. Tofu dishes that are made to be tofu dishes are great, but when people are expecting MEAT, and want meat, tofu wouldn't taste good. Same with turkey.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I LOVE SHADYBROOK TURKEY PRODUCTS .... Turkey ground, turkey chops, turkey burgers, turkey sausage, turkey hot dogs, turkey kielbasa, ..... YUMMY TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL ... I stopped eating beef and pork in high school so I havent had either since about 2000 but i have fallen in love with turkey in the past 3 years prior to turkey I was eating veggie and chicken only products ... :happy: