Walked a mile! Calories?

Options
I walked a mile today at moderate pace for about 20-25 minutes. Any idea of how many calories I burned? I left my iPod at the house:/

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    that would be walking 3.0-3.5
    find a close one to these in the exercise log.

It depends on so many things as to what you burned. Like 100 calories?
  • rhiven
    rhiven Posts: 2
    Options
    You can get a pretty good estimate from the Exercise entires available here at MFP. Just search "walking" and choose a pace, probably 3.0 (walking the dog)- it says something like that, and enter how many minutes you walked and it will tell you calories burned. :smile:
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Enter walking under 3.0 speed for amount of time walked and it will give you the calories burned.
  • llangkilde
    llangkilde Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MFP use to tell me that I burn around 109 Calories, when walking the Dog at 3 Miles / Hour for 20 Minutes.. (equals 1 Mile)
    But its just a guesstimate.. :)
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    100ish perhaps?
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Log it under walking mod pace for the amount of time you walked. I usually burn about 100 calories when walking at that pace for half an hour.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You burn roughly 100 cals per mile no matter what speed you are going.
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Use the calculator here on MFP, but it's probably high. In my experience, it's about a 1/3 high. If it says 250, figure 167.

Get a heart rate monitor with a chest strap for the whole story. Everything else is just a guess.
  • chadpatrick
    Options
    You burn roughly 100 cals per mile no matter what speed you are going.
    This is a very helpful rule of thumb that I use too.
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    I walked a mile today at moderate pace for about 20-25 minutes. Any idea of how many calories I burned? I left my iPod at the house:/
    type in "walking" and look for "moderate pace, dog walking" or "3.0 mph" then put in the amount of time and it will tell you!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yep - its going to be around 100 cals. I'm 173 and burn roughly 100 cals a mile when I run so unless you're significantly heavier or lighter, it should be much the same. As they said above, it doesn't really matter what speed you're going - you'll burn off about 100 cals per mile unless you're very light or heavy.

7011311.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter