To walk but I don't live in a very safe neighborhood
I don't have room and expenses for exercise equipment
So I'm limited and I was never an exercise person
But lookin to do it n get fit

Replies

• Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercises are you looking for? Youtube has several workout channels, AND they're free, which makes it nice.

My favorite is www.youtube.com/genghisgirl
    Her channel is especially awesome if you're short on time, since most workouts don't go past 5 minutes, but they're HARD.
  • dilaurari
    dilaurari Posts: 10
    Options
    I kno my basics sit ups, push ups, squats but lookn to
    do more! :)
  • GingerIJones
    GingerIJones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has a walking dvd series. I have it and like it and recently loaned it to my daughter to use. She tried it and hated it but liked it. :) In other words she hates exercising but did manage to do this and thought it worked her out good. She recently had bariatric surgery.
  • GingerIJones
    GingerIJones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize youtube had exercise channels. Neat. Thanks.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Try body weight exercises. A book I found helpful was Mark Lauren's "You Are Your Own Gym" he has a website as well http://www.marklauren.com/ Also you can check out bodyweightculture.com and a site where you can purchase body weight exercise programs is bodyweightcoach.com I also enjoy Turbulance Training. You can check out by blog here for some body weight stuff as well. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rileysowner A great resource that is free is Youtube.com where you can find out how to do a bunch of exercises. For that matter you can cobble together your own suspension exercise setup using dog leashes. I have one put one together in my basement from dollar store dog leashes and it works quite well. Body weight exercise can take you a long way, as can calisthenics. You don't need a gym. Finally, there are a bunch of exercise DVDs out there. I used Tae-bo for the vast majority of my weight loss.
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I live in Louisiana, where it is too hot to breathe, much less run/walk outdoors in the summer. We were able to splurge on a treadmill, which is my go-to workout.

I also bought the Zumba dvd workouts, p90x, and have a couple active games for our Playstation 3. I ordered some Jillian Michaels dvds through amazon for about $7 each (30 day shred, kettlebell workout, and one other one...) I like having it all to pick and choose what I feel like doing. There is no way in heck I could do p90x daily, but I slip one routine in once a week...I also did the Leslie Sansone walking videos before I got the treadmill. She could kick my butt! LOL

I think whatever you do, pick and choose...mix it up, and it won't seem so monotonous and boring :)

Good luck!!!
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    P90X .. just sayin
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have some pilates tapes i just love and then the Leslie Sansome walk dvd-- I alternate between those- and it doesnt take any extra equipment!!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has a walking dvd series. I have it and like it and recently loaned it to my daughter to use. She tried it and hated it but liked it. :) In other words she hates exercising but did manage to do this and thought it worked her out good. She recently had bariatric surgery.
    you can do leslie sansone from u tube.. her segments are broken up but they are free and u don't have to purchase her dvd.
  • dilaurari
    dilaurari Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Ill definitely check this stuff out!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    hiya I like the wii fit because there is such a large range of exercises on there and it has a management function so it can weigh you and track your progress (theres also a really cool zumba game out now too that's worth checking out). If you're after something to tone your core muscles I'd definately recommend tae-bo. Its a kind of basic martial art moves encorporated with some cardio/aerobics which fcusses on strengthening your core in order o increase your power (although no fighting on the DVD)I think the man's name is Billy Blanks or something like that (I got my DVD from the pound shop which was a bonus indeed)
    weighted hula hoops are also really good for toning your core and give you a decent cardio work out without being too hard

Hope you find something that works well for you xx
  • Rockstar_rabbit
    Options
    Go to excerisetv.com or if you have Direct tv demand it! That is what I do!
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love doing the Leslie Sansone walking series - in home! Just ordered Zumba as a treat for myself - and yes doing it in "home", so I can giggle myself thin :) I figured every laugh = a few more calories burned !!!! Good Luck

Shawnarose
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Go to excerisetv.com or if you have Direct tv demand it! That is what I do!

Thank you for this post. Never thought of going online or maybe On Demand might have some.