Sports Bras!

Options
I am getting very frustrated trying to find a decent high impact sports bra that won't require me to sell a kidney in order to pay for it. I'm a fairly busty girl (C/D), and I do a lot of running. I need good support, and well, shall we say motion control. It would be a huge bonus if it gave me some shape as well. Compression bras just sort of smash everything together, and it's not comfortable. Suggestions please!

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm not huge up top, but I really like the Danskin Now sports bra that I got from Wal-Mart and it was only about $10. I hear from a good friend of mine that Academy also sells some really good ones that are only about $12.
  • 512cheangela
    Options
    I ran a marathon in this puppy with my D-dawgs... http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_SportsBras-Champion/Women_SportsBras_MaximumSupport-Champion/CH1694.aspx

its decent wobbly control with no chafe. Sizing is pretty true to form. Coupled with a compression top (or just about anything iwth a bra built in) its pretty much impervious to wiggly-action.

Good luck!
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    im 38 DD so i basically just said...im screwed
    save your money and buy on from VS...if your unsatisfied then return it and go with walmart because Victoria Secret specializes in bras
  • 512cheangela
    Options
    But... I should add... I spent $65 on my Enell bra and its still serving me proudly 4 years later. Just sayin ;-).
  • paperbagprincess
    Options
    Allo!
    I actually have a few sports bras from Zellers (are you from Canada?). Someone told me they were great and surprisingly they are! Mind you, I'm a B... so you probably won't find the same support in them. My cousin is a DD and she just bought one from Lululemon and so far she seems to really like it.

Lulu is spendy though. I'm afraid that when ur looking for hard core support it's hard to find a sports bra that's REALLY good for a low price.

This is the first and only time I'll say this, but I guess I'm lucky to have smaller boobs. That would be the only positive however! That and I get no back pains.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    My local sports/running/shoe guru store has the best bras! They are pricey, but the Nike Dri-Fit is absolutely AMAZING!!! Holds my girls high and tight and I don't feel a thing after a long run! I know they are $50, but in the end, it's really worth it, seriously!!!! Go and get fit, you won't be sorry!!!!! You only need one (or two) and just rinse them out after your workout, let them dry and they'll be ready for next time... trust me!!!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    im 38 DD so i basically just said...im screwed
    I am a 42DDD so im really screwed! lol
  • fadedflower79
    fadedflower79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Under Armor Women's "Endure" w/ Front Zipper

They WILL break the bank but when I am running or doing Insanity, they are a MUST for me now!!
    http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/search/pid1220231-Women-s-Endure-DD-Cup-/1220231-001&FSR=1

Happy Shopping!! :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Im a dd and i wear a reg underwire bra and a sports bra just to get the control i require. Never
    yet found any sports bra in any price range/brand that worked for me.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    I wear Berlei High Performance or Triumph Triaction sports bras. I'm in Australia so I'm not sure if these are available to you. I'm a C (sometimes D) cup and both of these minimise bounce significantly. I've heard Shock Absorber sport bras are also good. Whatever brand you choose, make sure the bra you buy is rated for running as a sports bra rated for walking or cycling will not provide the same amount of bounce reduction as one rated for running.
  • ent812
    ent812 Posts: 4
    Options
    OK: I'm out of my element here (I'm a guy) but my daughter, a bit large, rides horses for a living. Posting for hours can be real pain is you don't have support. She found some great support gear at the larger western / equestiran stores that did job for her.
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Walmart's Danskin bras ($10-$12) have worked well for me (34DD), but I like to couple them with a sports tank with a built-in shelf bra for a little extra hold-'em-in power :smile:
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Enell. Pricey, but then again, so is a chiropractor.

Never buy anything from Victoria's Secret. Won't survive three washings. Cheaply made, and rubes in the mall will pay three times what the stuff is worth.
  • KatieSmeltzer
    KatieSmeltzer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum (36B). And I absolutely hate wearing a shapeless sports bra. I just don't like looking like a flat-chested freak. I actually buy the Danskin sports bras from Walmart with a little padding. They hold everything in place, but still make me feel a bit womanly. :)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Just my 2 cents of advice here!!

Victoria's secret bras/la senza have lasted me YEARS. I'm not sure what in the world you're doing to them, that you'd only have them last three washes, lol. I've had the same bras for 4-5 years and only had to get rid of them because I had a breast reduction. (Fyi, they were still in such good shape, I gave them to my younger sister!).

When it comes to bounce control vs. looking "good", you've got to go with the former. Who cares if you're rocking a massive uni-boob? Those babies will stay PERKY in the long run, and won't hurt you!

Compression bras over a "regular" bra I've found to be the best. I do a lot of running, and even when I was a DD and DDD, this method saved me. A good bra will last YEARS if you take care of it! I bought some from walmart, and again, 3-4 years later, I'm still wearing them :smile:
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info and suggestions! I found a champion bra at Kohls, and it is so comfortable and supportive. Unfortunately, it's missing any kind of shape, but if it works, it works I guess. I'll let you know how it holds up!