Green Tea Fat Burner Pills

Options
Good Morning all,

I am sure this topic has come up before but I am writing to see if anyone has ever taken the Green Tea Fat Burner pills and if they had any side effects? I just bought a box of these and started to take them this morning but when I read the reviews on different websites I am starting to wonder if I should not be taking these. I figured I would check now with people before I keep on taking them, might as well stop before I really start if there are too many negative reviews! I do not drink tea so this is why I purchase these pills as I thought they would be a good subsitute to drinking green tea.

Any comments negative or positive would be appreciated!
Thank you!
Stacey :happy:

Replies

• SalsaFaye1983
    Options
    I'd be interested to know too. I have tried to drink it and find it fairly bitter for my taste so would be interested to hear if the pill form is any good....
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    They made me super nauseous and the only positive effect I noticed was a bit of appetite suppression from the caffeine :( Could just be me though.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    As with most supplements, the benefits of a vitamin/nutrient from a natural source is much better than one from a manufactured pill. It's my understanding that you can only get the benefits of green tea by drinking it. And you have to drink brewed tea, not instant or bottled. The pills don't work.

Diet supplements in general are a waste of money, and some can be dangerous. Almost all of them come with a diet and exercise plan...and THAT is what does the trick as far as weight loss goes.

As for not liking the taste of green tea, there are TONS of "flavors" out there. You should sample them and find one that you like. And when I say "flavors" I'm talking about tea bags with natural flavorings like jasmine, lemon, etc. NOT the bottled stuff.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just drink 'Hot Green Tea'?
  • Startingover71
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, the only reason why I wanted to try the pills is that I don't drink coffee or tea and thought this might be an alternate. I wasn't taking it thinking it was a diet pill, I just thought since I don't drink tea I might be able to handle the pills. Reading the ingredients on the box I thought everything sounded all natural, and was fine to take, like I said I just started this morning with them and I am thinking that I will stop them before I even really start. I might have to break down and try some actual flavoured green tea to see if I can acquire a taste for that. :drinker:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I tried them once but they didnt do anything for me bad or good
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've been using them for about 2 weeks now, I really don't think they help. I think once I finish this box, I am done with pill gimics. In my opinion the only pills that are likely to work is if they are recommended by a doctor. I've heard mixed reviews about Alli, so I'm not sure I want to dish out $45 for a bottle.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    "expensive pee"
  • VerySherry
    Options
    They are NOT expensive at all! They are $9.98 for a bottle of 90 pills. They also have chromium picolinate which is natural and suppresses the appetite. Caffeine in them give you energy and make you feel more alert. Also lots of antioxidents. I would rather take these than anything else over the counter or prescribed by a doctor. I take them and they are great. Do not feel jittery,just the right amount of energy boost for me and appetite suppression.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I tried these and they did not help me lose one pound! but boy did I get some bad mood swings! :angry:
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been using them for about 2 weeks now, I really don't think they help. I think once I finish this box, I am done with pill gimics. In my opinion the only pills that are likely to work is if they are recommended by a doctor. I've heard mixed reviews about Alli, so I'm not sure I want to dish out $45 for a bottle.

i took Alli for awhile before i got pregnant with Romma. it worked pretty well for me. i've thought about using it again just not sure if i can take it while breastfeeding.
  • Miladypoupee
    Options
    :wink: I actually tried it last summer and it really work !! I was doing exercises a lot on morning . I think the process of losing fat go faster when taking the fat burner pills .... So ya for me it work i actually did lost more then 20 pound and i had that beautiful bikini body i look forward of trying it this summer again ..... i hope it help :)
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, the only reason why I wanted to try the pills is that I don't drink coffee or tea and thought this might be an alternate. I wasn't taking it thinking it was a diet pill, I just thought since I don't drink tea I might be able to handle the pills. Reading the ingredients on the box I thought everything sounded all natural, and was fine to take, like I said I just started this morning with them and I am thinking that I will stop them before I even really start. I might have to break down and try some actual flavoured green tea to see if I can acquire a taste for that. :drinker:

I would stop taking them. A pill will not make you lose weight... at least non that are legally allowed to be on the market.

Just because something is all natural or herbal doesn't mean it's healthy. Natural suppliments can harm you as well.

Green tea to drink as well doesn't actually make you lose weight.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

Pass on Alli too. You said you were "done with pill gimics" so why think about trying Alli? Alli blocks fat in your diet ... dietary fat doesn't make you fat. Also, really read up on the side effects of Alli if you consume too much fat.... really not fun.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I am taking them now. I started them in January, taking 1 in the morning and 1 at lunch. After a week, I went to 2 each time. I did not get jittery or anything like with other pills, and only used them to help control my appetite as I adjusted to my new eating program.

I am now weaning back off of them because I have gotten used to controlling my portions better. A few days I have forgotten to rake the second dose and didn't even notice it. The main thing is do not become dependant on these pills or any others as the key ingredient in your weight loss plan.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My sister has always had weight problems and she can never cut out her sugary sweets completely and she swears by her Konjac Root capsules. They apparenlty help absorb her sugary sweets in a fiberous gel, slowing down and blocking a lot of the sugar absorbtion. She's lost a good bit with them. I wanted to see what the capsules did, so I took 2 and put it in a glass of water, a few mins later it's a gel like substance, so I go hmm..I ground up half a milky way bar and poured it on top of it with a little diet soda to see what it did. It was crazy, the candy bar and coke sank into the middle of the gel, very weird looking, lol.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Tea pills? REALLY?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I don't really like drinking tea so I take the occasional green tea extract supplement in addition to vitamins.. I would be weary of anything that says Fat Burner on it.. you can only get rid of fat through exercise and diet.

Assuming that you now understand this, there is nothing wrong if you make the choice to take Green Tea EXTRACT supplements - available in a variety of natural food and nutrition stores. However, if you are taking it in hopes that its gonna cut inches of fat or make you weigh less, it won't.
  • stella1314
    stella1314 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    YES, SAME HERE. I DONT LIKE GREEN TEA, BUT IF I CAN HAVE IT IN A PILL FORM, I AM ALL FOR IT
  • stella1314
    stella1314 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    LETS TRY JASMINE