HELP! The cravings are out of control.

Options
Hey anonymous team- I need some advice! My first week was easy peasy- dropped a fast five. This week- with a certain time of the month on its way- I am having MAD cravings. Breads, sweets, chocolate- I want it all. Since eating better I usually feel full easily, but this week I am insatiable. Appetite wise it doesn't matter if I give in or don't, the craving is still there. Help?

Replies

• ajfoer
    ajfoer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding always helps with my chocolate cravings. I freeze a banana (out of the peel) then scoop a 1/2c of the pudding on top of it. Let's face it, sometimes I eat a whole cup of the pudding... Hence the reason I am still in the losing stage. :( The banana fills me up and the chocolate satiates my cravings.
  • carebear1281
    Options
    It is hard to completely ignore your craving during those times of the month. What I do is make sugar free Jello and top it with fat free cool whip. It seems to hit the spot without totally throwing me off of my diet. Hope this helps, Good Luck :))
  • sarahmay25
    sarahmay25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I literally eat vegetables with everything I cook now. I used to have cravings so bad at night I would fall asleep with chips by my bed and an empty cheese dip bowl. I eat when I'm hungry, but I am eating so many vegetables (that I love and are prepared even with a little butter). Since cooking veggies into everything or eating fresh I have no room for cravings. I feel so full that I think I'd be sick if I let in to cravings of chips, chocolate, or my worst enemy hot wings. My yogurt is sweet enough in the morning that it takes care of the sugary cereal I used to eat. Plus, I keep water with me everywhere I go. When I do get late night cravings I tell myself to drink a whole glass of water first, then I see if I'm still hungry for anything else lol.
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    I have been exactly the same, so yesterday I did a little more exercise, then allowed myself some chocolate. Not a huge portion, just enough, it got to the point where I thought if I don't, I will eat everything in site!!! Sometimes having a piece of fruit, a cereal bar , etc will take the edge off the craving, but sometimes it just won't. My advice is try the fruit etc and drink lots of water - even brush your teeth, strange but I find it works sometimes!
  • paced2day
    paced2day Posts: 55
    Options
    Great ideas thanks! Is it true that bananas have the nutrient in them, that you crave when you crave chocolate. I'm just remembering now someone telling me that.
  • anniebnannie
    anniebnannie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I take some frozen strawberries, a half frozen banana, one yoplait light very vanilla and a tad of soy milk and make a smoothie - I put it in little cups and freeze them for snacks. They are only 30 -60 calories each and are creamy enough to satisfy those cravings. You can also do it with peanut butter, chocolate and banana with the yogurt and it's delish - a few more calories but not much. Hang in there girl!!!
  • wannalose25
    wannalose25 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wanted a milky way bar badly today, i resisted and the craving went away. I honestly believe that the more I give into the chocolate cravings; the more they ATTACK me.
  • shayshay01
    shayshay01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms makes a calorie, sugar, fat free Chocolate Dip. I think it's pretty yummy... especially on Strawberries!!! That helps with my cravings... or try a sugar free strawberry glaze... It only has 5 calories per tbls.!!!! :-)
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    Grab up some apples & grapes. Get some glucose snacks from the diabetic aisle, or sugar free pudding, hard candies, or jello... use ur food journal to keep track so u don't over carb... if you're going to snack a bit to fill some cravings, reduce the carbs from other meals & increase the protein.... So u kinda balance things out. And add a bit of workout that will boost ur HR to levels that burn into your glycogen storage for a few minutes. I do 30 min on a stationary bike & keep my HR at 140, I'm 33 yr old. I think it helps a lot.

Just keep your focus on keeping your carb levels within your goal settings. BEST WISHES

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/heart-rate-training.html
  • misha7
    misha7 Posts: 7
    Options
    I stew up some rhubarb and apples - seperately - no sugar - measure out a cup or a half of each add a couple of tablespoons of no fat natural yogurt and a small sprinkle of toasted museli. I tell myself its homemade crumble and its super filling. Hopefully make you crave something besides the chocolate. Good luck =)
  • microfat
    microfat Posts: 44
    Options
    lock your fridge up! and run to the hills!!!!!
  • paced2day
    paced2day Posts: 55
    Options
    Love these posts! Thank you, it totally helps to have such great ideas from people who've been there!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding always helps with my chocolate cravings. I freeze a banana (out of the peel) then scoop a 1/2c of the pudding on top of it. Let's face it, sometimes I eat a whole cup of the pudding... Hence the reason I am still in the losing stage. :( The banana fills me up and the chocolate satiates my cravings.

Thats my favorite, but these are BRILLIANT ideas! I work in a food cart, making a ton of deep fried foods or gigantic burgers and its SOOO hard! These are going to help so much!
  • betterthanmama
    betterthanmama Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary so I don't know how much you are eating, but make sure you are getting enough calories. When I tried to lose 1lb a week, I lost that pound, but got huge cravings and gained it back plus another 2lbs. Increasing your calories can help you from getting the cravings and not going into starvation mode.

I personally switch from 1/2 lb a week for 3 weeks and maintenance for 1 week... Help me with cravings.. Also zigzagging your calorie intake might help. Don't give up! you can get through it.