protein and fat

Options
So I'm not having too much trouble with keeping my calories down, but the protein and fat are a different story. Wondering how other moms and wifes out there oare doing it when the husband requires meat at every meal and you got growing kids wanting food every hour. I try to pile more veggies on my plate, but love meat myself. Ugh life style change aint easy! hahaha

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    its okay to eat meat--just choose lean meat--extra lean beef, extra lean turkey, chicken and fish--nothing wrong with that and its okay to go over on protein--I eat 110 grams a day-but its all healthy. I do not go over on fat.
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i dont usually have a problem with going over with fat but often do with protein. just try and keep it lean and portion control
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Proteins are good for you. Mfp sets the proteins too low for many people. If you do any kind of resistance workouts at all, you should get more protein than mfp recommends.
  • meshaffer
    meshaffer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I go over the protein every day. My trainer recommended it since we are working out so hard. I agree with the post above, make sure it is lean meat. In fact, my dh and I cook a big batch of chicken at the beginning of the week so we have something to grab when we need it.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You should be eating about 1 gm/protein for every lb. of lean body weight. I try to eat at least 100 gms of protein/day, if not more. Don't worry about your protein intake. It's a good place to be getting your calories from. You need it to build your muscle.
  • whitacre76
    whitacre76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • whitacre76
    whitacre76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice about the protein issue. I feel better now :) And as for the fat, now that the easter candy is outa the way (kids aite all the good stuff hehe) it will be easier to control as well :):happy:
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So I'm not having too much trouble with keeping my calories down, but the protein and fat are a different story. Wondering how other moms and wifes out there oare doing it when the husband requires meat at every meal and you got growing kids wanting food every hour. I try to pile more veggies on my plate, but love meat myself. Ugh life style change aint easy! hahaha
    It's never a bad thing to have too much protein! Research the Paleo diet...
  • JBJLOVER
    JBJLOVER Posts: 7
    Options
    Me was wondering same thing.....but got the answers now.....lol