Junk food craving..

Options
What am i to do! Right now I want chips.. french fries.. fried potatoes with cheese.. oven chicken snacks.. mini pizza's.... but i can't anymore today, i just cna't fit it in, i'll probably already be over once i finish dinner, since i couldn't resist chicken just now.. but i don't know what to do.. HELP

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    you have to change your relationship with food and view food as fuel and not for pelasure. All those foods you listed are foods that people will eat for pleasure reasons and are not considered fuel.
  • pretzels113
    pretzels113 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to give into the cravings, give in to reward yourself once you reach a goal or have a great workout that you wanted to do! If you are looking for something salty to snack on grab a healthy salty snack... i am a salt person... i try to lean on nuts, almonds are the best!! Or get some baked chips and salsa
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Special K cracker/chips in a box. I love the sea salt version as they help me when I crave chips or some salty food.
  • pretzels113
    pretzels113 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you have to change your relationship with food and view food as fuel and not for pelasure. All those foods you listed are foods that people will eat for pleasure reasons and are not considered fuel.

Good point!!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I dont have any of that stuff in my house and Im honestly too lazy to go out and get it.
    That, and in the evenings I have no one to take care of my kids even if I did have a craving so Im surely not dragging them out of bed for a craving (thank you little ones! lol)
    Honestly my advise is to get rid of it if you cant control it and you're serious about this.
    Other then that, everything in moderation is fine as long as you stay within your parameters.
    However there will always be temptations around .... (I have no idea if my ramblings just helped at all! - sorry!)
  • nikg9
    nikg9 Posts: 7
    Options
    POPCHIPS are great! And they are even Jillian Michaels "go to" snack!!! you can eat 22 of them per serving!! LOVE them!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    dont go overboard but try and factor something you really want into your day (maybe tomorrow). remember it is a lifestyle change and you can have things in moderation. A little of one of these things with a nice healthy salad
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Find some low cal alternative snacks that may help your cravings. I usually turn to pretzels or baked tortillas and homemade salsa or guacamole. When you absolutely have to have those chips, grab the tiny individual bags instead of the large bag so you make sure to not over do it and end up feeling worse. Fighting the urges does get easier. The more more you allow yourself to cave in the harder it will be.
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    It's not good to torture yourself !!!!
    Try and compromise by having a small bag of crisps, or boil up some small baby new potatoes and snack on them the following day?
    I know it's tough, but with enough exercise i get to incorporate eating pretty much whatever i like.
    It's all about control though, so keep that focus, and you'll get there!
    Good luck

:drinker:
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone =) I've tried seeing food just as fuel but.. especially warm food is just too good to ignore that.. i can't believe i didn't think of pretzles.. either way, just reading all the reactions helped! I'll definitely take the tips to heart.
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just think about how that one meal/snack will set you back days on your weight loss journey! People always gain weight faster than they lose it!
  • jabsmckee
    jabsmckee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I have cravings, I usually just have a couple of Hershey's Kisses. I space them out over time. They are 22 calories each.