NSV - Weighing less than your man

Options
I checked in this morning even though I dont weigh in until Sat, and discovered that I now weigh less than my hubby. DO NOT confuse this with an unhealthy competition. This NSV is about me feeling more like a woman- something about weighing less than my hubby that makes me feel "normal". Now keep in mind he is MUCH taller than me and more healthy at his weight than I am, but still, it made me feel more girly to be "less" in weight than my man. <3 I love him so much <3

Replies

• LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    I completely know what you mean! I can't wait to weigh less than my husband. He is 6 foot and 165 pounds, so he is pretty skinny, which makes it hard for me, but I'm about 10 pounds away!! Yay for you! Keep up the good work!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    :smile: I totally hear you! I'm still heavier then him because he's 6'1" and 170 lbs. I'll get there someday! Hopefully sooner rather than later
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Omg, I can so relate to you!!! When I began datin my fiance I weighed around 180 and he only weighed bout 150ish. Now I weigh 145ish and he weighs pushin 210ish!!!! LOL

WAY TO GO!!!
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am so with you on this one. I was thrilled when I hit the scales and weighted less than my hubby. I have never weighted less than him in all the years we have been married. It is a great NSV.
  • Mandam1018
    Mandam1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know how you feel although, I am under my hubby's weight, his jeans are still to small for me! I want to be able to wear his pants and have them be baggy on me like they used to! Keep it up!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    WOOHOO!! I can relate to that and it is one of my goals to weigh less then my husband.
  • terrijean04
    terrijean04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OOOHHH I remember the day that happen to me....It's a wonderful feeling......Then the day he could pick me up and carry me around OOOHHH even better.... Congrats on that victory!!! ...Here's to many more!!!:flowerforyou:
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Oh boy do I know how you feel. My fiance is 6'4 185 lbs. I'm 5'2 and started at 187. Talk about a blow to my self esteem. I am really loving being in the 130's now
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And I can really relate! :) Even though they love us all the same it somehow feels more feminine to know you weigh less than your man. My boyfriend is thin as a rail, naturally athletic, and has a fast metabolism (and he's 13 years older than me....NOT FAIR) so, even though he's only 5'9" he still weighs less than me by about 7-8 pounds. This is an NSV I am really looking forward to!!!
  • Capital_Q
    Capital_Q Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's an awesome NSV!! I can understand, although I didn't quite pass my hubby's weight I was coming really close...one of my personal motivations to get my act together and lose this weight for good. Now he and I are on the right path and I have to say even though he's loser faster than I am, it keeps me motivated to keep pushing!!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I smiled the day I stepped on the scale and realized I weigh less than him! My next goal is to fit into his jeans.. He laughed when I told him that!
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    weighing less than my fiance by our wedding date is my goal!! :) he is 6'0'' and 200 pounds, but is very active and most is muscle weight. this week when i weighed in i was 206.8, our wedding is in 7.5 weeks, and by golly i am gonna lose the last 7 pounds! i WILL weigh less than him and see ONDERLAND!! :) (ps. i'm only 5'3'', and wear 90% of my weight in my butt and thighs!)
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean- it's not exactly a competition but it just feels nice, yeah? Weighing less than my bf is one of my mini-goals. When we first started dating he weighed 145 lbs and I weighed about 160. I put on about 25-30 lbs. since then and so has he (though, to be fair, I guess he should have weighed more :) ) My next mini-goal was to weigh less than his 170.. and then what does he do? He goes and gets down to 162! How inconsiderate! Doesn't he know I'm gauging my success against him?? :laugh:
  • MrsBlissful
    Options
    that is COMPLETELY AWESOME!!!!!! I love that feeling! You just feel so delicate and feminine next to this big, strong man ;] You go GIRL!!!!!!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    LOL same here! On my weigh-in last Friday I was 0.2 kilos lighter than my other half. I know, it's hardly anything and when we compare bodyfat percentages I'm 11% fatter than he is, but I was delighted anyway!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! MY current bf has always weighed more than me (he's around 200 lbs). But I remember when I was dating someone else in college being devastated to find out that he weighed 165 lbs, 10 lbs more than what I weighed at the time. So I totally get how exciting it is... congrats!!
  • RProhofsky
    RProhofsky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My wife has the same goal - she wants to weigh less then me. We are both losing weight. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM YOUR GRAND ACCOMPLISHMENTS, but in NSV the S is scale you can't WEIGH without a Scale. I really hate it when people get all semantic but . . . I was surprised no one said anything.

You are doing a great job
    Best of luck to all of you on your journeys toward health,
    Rick
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    I totally know what you mean. My hubby is is one of those skinny guys that could eat chili cheese fries for every meal and LOOSE weight (I hate people like that:wink: ). He has know idea what it feels like to be overweight and tends to tease me about my weight loss obsession (however he seems to really enjoy the results). I was so excited when I weighed a lb less than him one morning...of course I gained a couple back and he lost a few...right now I think I'm maybe 3-4lbs heavier than him.

Great Job with the weight loss and keep at it!
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I understand this completely! I posted that on my post yesterday about my loss! I've been heavier than hubby since we met...so for about 5 years - In fact, I was always bigger than my BF's! And I'm so looking forward to the day when I'm smaller than him and can feel like a "lady" and such! :)
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Oh I know, me too!!!!!! Most of our marriage, I was more then him. How I'm below him!!! I was so happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!