NSV - Weighing less than your man

Options

Replies

• ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My wife has the same goal - she wants to weigh less then me. We are both losing weight. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM YOUR GRAND ACCOMPLISHMENTS, but in NSV the S is scale you can't WEIGH without a Scale. I really hate it when people get all semantic but . . . I was surprised no one said anything.

You are doing a great job
    Best of luck to all of you on your journeys toward health,
    Rick

Yes, but it's not the number on the scale ITSELF that was her victory, it was the fact that she FEELS small and delicate compared to her man.
    Regardless, it's a great victory :)
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    My wife has the same goal - she wants to weigh less then me. We are both losing weight. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM YOUR GRAND ACCOMPLISHMENTS, but in NSV the S is scale you can't WEIGH without a Scale. I really hate it when people get all semantic but . . . I was surprised no one said anything.

You are doing a great job
    Best of luck to all of you on your journeys toward health,
    Rick

here I thought NSV always meant no small victory.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    I hear ya! I smiled the day I stepped on the scale and realized I weigh less than him! My next goal is to fit into his jeans.. He laughed when I told him that!

HAHA..thats great! There is no way I would fit in the hubby's jeans! He has a hard time finding jeans small enough for his itty bitty waist and tiny rear. :grumble:
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good job! I love the idea... maybe I should add it as one of my goals!
  • MyFatPublicSecrets
    MyFatPublicSecrets Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    LOL Rick! I guess I hadn't thought of it that way! hahahahahhahahahha! You are so right. To me, it wasn't the number or pounds lost, it was more of a feeling than a scale thing. lol. So funny- but you're right.
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This one will be really hard for me to accomplish but it is one of my goals. But my hubby isn't 6 feet and 200 pounds like a lot of ppl's posts say, mine's only 5'5 and 145! I have to lose his ENTIRE body weight to be less than him. And Ima do it!

what does NSV mean?
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    wow! so glad u posted this i feel the exact same way! im so glad to weigh less than him ...my next goal is for there to be a good gap btwn our weights!
  • bhonniered
    bhonniered Posts: 228
    Options
    Fantastic NSV - and I totally understand I now weigh less than my husband too!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    double post
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! I used to weigh more than my ex boyfriend so i got a new boyfriend lol
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend just joined so he could gain weight :-/... at least it will take less effort than before to weigh less than him.
  • bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I feel the same way. My husband has always weighed less than me, he's thin and tall, so when I realized I actually weighed less than him it was a big NSV for me also! It truly does make you feel more "normal" and girly to weigh less than the hubby!:flowerforyou:
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! I used to weigh more than my ex boyfriend so i got a new boyfriend lol

*rimshot*

Well played :)
  • bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This one will be really hard for me to accomplish but it is one of my goals. But my hubby isn't 6 feet and 200 pounds like a lot of ppl's posts say, mine's only 5'5 and 145! I have to lose his ENTIRE body weight to be less than him. And Ima do it!

what does NSV mean?

NSV=Non Scale Victory
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    OMG Congrats!!!!!

I will never reach this NSV - my BF is a tall 6'3'' and 160 pounds. Gorgeous and wiry. I can match his gorgeous, but I'll never be wiry!!

So congrats to you. I'm going to live through your NSV!!!
  • zucena
    zucena Posts: 43
    Options
    That is exactly what happend to me this week... I finally weighed less than him by 5lbs... It sure does feel like a victory!!!!:drinker:
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

what does NSV mean?

I'm right there with you, my hubby is 145 as well. When we started our weight loss adventures, he was 165 and I was 216, so I'm happy I'm below his initial starting weight, although I still have 14 pounds to go to be less than he is. HOWEVER, Monday I put on his jeans and zipped them up!... he wears 30 X 30 jeans, I was pretty excited (but really happy to unzip them as I was starting to pass out from lack of air, haha).

~~Veronica
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I can so relate to your NSV. I am still 20 pounds heavier than my hubby and I cannot wait until the day I weigh less than him.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    i hear you! My husband's 8" taller and weighs 50lb less than me. BLUH. I think I'm going to add that to my goals :)
    And congratulations!!!!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!