Need to see weight come off pretty quick or I get side track

Options
I would like to loss weight fast for the summer. I am have never been a real thin girl but I have never have been fat either. I have been sitting at 145 to 150 for a several years. I am 5'6" and I believe I should be at 125 to 130. My goal is to get there by summer. I workout about 4 to 5 days a week about 2 hours per day running and weights, but I have a busy schedule. I work full time and go to school, so my eating habits suck. If you have any helpful tips to get me lossing weight faster, i would appreciate it. If I do not see some weight coming off quick I get side tracked.

Replies

• AMBERE26
    AMBERE26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    TRY THE 17 DAY DIET.. JUST A THOUGHT
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i also work full time and am finishing my masters all while marathon training...the key is to plan ahead. I pack my food for the next day (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks) the night before and make sure that I'm where I need to be calorie wise depending on if i work out or not. It is possible to be successful with eating AND have a busy life. I also find that making small weight loss goals (like 5 lbs) is a good way to stay focused. I reward myself every 5 lbs too...next reward for me is new running sports bras :-)

Good luck!
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Do the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge with me! In the 3 months you will learn healthy habits! friend me fore more info!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    your certainly moving - are you eating enough? what is your daily calorie intake?
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    When people gain weight...it is generally the result of poor choices that gradually add up over time. No one goes to bed looking like an olympic gymnast wakes up looking like Marlon Brando (The later years).

People get out of shape due to lifestyle changes....an inactive job, driving instead of walking, poor eating habits, more time in front of the tube instead of out "playing". Those all add up over time.

Just the same, the reversal of those habits is also not instantaneous. the only true way to lose weight and keep it off, is to change and correct those habits and lifestyle conditions that brought about the weight gain in the first place.

While the media and magazines tote the latest fad machine, gimmick, supplement and the like every other day, there truly are no quick fixes.

Dedication, drive and Determination are what bring about the goals along with a personal commitment to yourself. You're in the right place being here for a support network that'll help keep you focused. :-)

All the best!
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    Drinks TONS of water, eat throughout the day (every few hours, small portions), and focus hard on fruits, vegetables (fiber and vitamins) and protein!
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If "your eating habits suck" - this is the first place to start a change. Keep fresh fruit and/or veggies available to munch on. Most fruits are portable and you can carry a piece or two in your purse or backpack. In any event, uping your intake of fruits and vegatables, leaving junk food and processed foods(seem be overloaded with sodium= water retention), you should be where you want to be in no time. And, remember to drink plenty of water - keeps you hydrated as well as flushes out toxins. Hope this helps. Good luck!