Awesome Workouts - What do you like?

Options
skittybang
skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
I'm usually a treadmill user or resort to running outdoors but as of late I have been using the ellipticals in my gym which allow you to set a pretty significant incline. There's no use of arm but I'd think I'd fall off it that was the case. I usually put in 30-45 minutes and end up burning anywhere from 475 to 700 calories! You feel a great burn in the back of your thighs, toosh, and abs.

What are some fun workouts you do which you definitely get those desired results?

Replies

• NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I love to do cardio on machines and circuits. Here are a couple I posted: (ps I copied and pasted from my forums so those are my numbers you can do more or less). They are intense and get the job done. It uses your own body weight and you are doing cardio at the same time!!

Workout 1
    Circuit 30 seconds (exercise) 10 second rest
    1. Squat pick up 10 lb weight and squat back down to put it back (that is 1 rep) - 9, 6, 6
    2. Jump Rope - 76, 60, 60
    3. Dynamic Push ups - 10, 8, 8
    4. Jump Rope - 70, 60, 50
    5. Walking Lunges; 007 twists - 9, 7, 8
    6. Jump Rope - 71, 60, 57
    7. Tricep Dips - 15, 15, 15
    8. Jump Rope - 70, 60, 50
    9. One legged dead lift - 13, 12, 12
    10. Jump Rope - 70, 60, 80

Workout 2
    Circuit
    40 Rounds, 15 seconds exercise, 15 seconds rest

1. Skater Lunge Jumps - 10, 10, 9, 10
    2. Reptile Push ups - 5 1/2, 5, 3, 2
    3. Jump Squats - 12, 9, 9, 10
    4. Pulls ups (lying down on floor under poll so rev push up I guess) - 7, 6, 6, 7
    5. Jumping Jacks - 14, 16, 16, 12
    6. Dancing Crab - 13, 11, 8, 11
    7. Handing lrg raise (from pull up bar) - 7, 5, 5, 7
    8. Dive Bombers - 4, 5, 3, 4
    9. Plank knee tucks - 15, 15, 15, 18
    10. Gets ups - 5, Stopped b/c I didnt like the way my knees felt the second time around so I jogged in place

Workout 3
    Circuit: No timing
    1. one legged dead lift; jump (right and left leg) - 10 x 3
    2. Plank alternating sholder touch - 20 x 3
    3. Jump Rope - 60 skips
    4. Pick up ball/weight squat; lateral raise squat put ball back on floor (thats 1) - 12 x 3
    5. Side kick hold (not kicking just holding the leg to the side in a kick form for easie kick boxing) - 8 seconds, 10 x 2
    6. Assisted hand stand (walk your self up a wall and hold) 10 seconds x 3
    7. Jump rope - 60 Skips
    8. Dancer pose bicep curls - 12 x 3
  • Lisiebird
    Lisiebird Posts: 45
    Options
    I love TurboFire. I was (and still am) a runner for several years, but TurboFire is so much fun and is a great workout. Plus, it really works your butt and abs.
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    urbinachick24- do you have pictures or demos on how some of these are done. Looks super intense! Wow.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I want to read this later....
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Love the elliptical as well. Biking outdoors in good weather. The row machine is intense and burns calories fast. I am addicted to my pilates class and I enjoyed a stairs and stability class.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    namsMommy- check out www.bodyrock.tv, zuzana provides a video of all her workouts to show you how to do the moves. She sometimes uses a sandbag or dip station in the workouts, but you can always just do the move without the sandbag (or use dumbells) or substitute a different exercise. her workouts are BRUTAL, I find it really hard to complete them. Just modify them for your fitness levels. They are actually really fun workouts, and you will really feel it afterwards!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    So.. I'm totally printing out your post urbinachick24. Those sound like great workouts :) Thanks
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    So.. I'm totally printing out your post urbinachick24. Those sound like great workouts :) Thanks

Lol thanx. I am weird I like making new workouts; its a hobby for me. I started posting my whole workouts to share. I will add you as a friend :drinker:
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    Bump!