Herbal tea= 1 glass of water?

Options
Hi I switched from caffinated products to herbal teas awhile ago and wanted to know if anyone counted them as part of their water intake or not. I drink about 3-4 a day and my water is on top of that and I feel like I'm going to float away soon. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sometimes if I am hungry I make an herbal tea to fill me up so I think it would be the same as using water and there is no calories in them. Does anyone else out there use them and if so what is you favorite type? I'm partial to raspberry zinger and I like the chai ones.

Replies

• kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi I switched from caffinated products to herbal teas awhile ago and wanted to know if anyone counted them as part of their water intake or not. I drink about 3-4 a day and my water is on top of that and I feel like I'm going to float away soon. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sometimes if I am hungry I make an herbal tea to fill me up so I think it would be the same as using water and there is no calories in them. Does anyone else out there use them and if so what is you favorite type? I'm partial to raspberry zinger and I like the chai ones.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can count plain tea as water. A lot of us do.

Tazo has a great array of teas for pretty much whatever mood you're in. I enjoy the Lotus Green tea style.

When I get a little extra cash, I'm splurging on a box each of the chai and chamomile.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I count it as my water too! For me birthday i got a tea gift set from my sister( LOVE YOU:heart: ) I like to drink that alot. I only get the time to drink a nice lovely pot on the weekends:grumble:.

On weekdays it's gotten to the point that people will comment if they don't see my travel mug in my hands.:laugh:
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Just keep in mind that even herbal teas can naturally have caffeine.