Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Bump:bigsmile:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    HECK YES!! I am all down for losing 3 or 4 pounds by end of November.

I watched Bio-Dome while I was on the elliptical last night... haha laughing and exercising...double burn!! :laugh:

Isn't it hard to laugh and exercise at the same time, if i tried to watch something funny while running on my treadmill i would probably fall off the end of it.

LOL it took me a while to get mybalance right but I usually alternate between holding the elliptical arms, or pumping my arms w/o holding on to anything but I think I got it down. now drinking water doing the elliptical and watching Bio-Dome laughing-that's a tough one especially when you almost snort water out... :laugh:
  • Mufasa0331
    Options
    How many calories do you burn laughing.......10 to 40 calories, depending on how much people weigh and how intensely they are laughing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: HE HE HA HA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: HA HE HA HE

Does that count??

If that is the case my co-worker and I should be burning calories left and right because we spend a majority of the day laughing...usually at my retardedness or some random movie quote we throw out.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    So we've figured out how many calories for laughing ..... maybe we should check on typing!

Good night all! Talk to you tomorrow!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    chrisshy,

Thank you for your encouragement. I can't wait for us all to tell each other we made it through the holidays and lost weight.... (That will definitely be a first for me).
  • chrissyh
    Options
    chrisshy,

Thank you for your encouragement. I can't wait for us all to tell each other we made it through the holidays and lost weight.... (That will definitely be a first for me).

I think I will eat everything that I REALLY want just in appropriate amounts! The stuffing is my favorite - I am the cook so I am able to manipulate some recipes to be a bit healthier for all of us - I won't take it to an extreme I don't want to "force" healthy living on my family and friends. I think in time they as my husband has will see it's better for us.

I am going with "normal" buttery garlic mashed-I can live without them, friend is making sweet taters so I'll have a small scoop, turkey is great, butternut squash will have no butter this year - I am using a hungry girl recipe with maple syrup; I can skip rolls, broccoli casserole - i'll be very careful there's no healthy way to make that one:devil: ,maybe a little gravy so say I've had some.......

I don't know we'll see how it goes--I plan on getting up early and working out so try to counter it a bit. Then friday morning in between shopping I'll do the same thing.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo into this! Great challenge! Breaking it into small steps is making the goal more achievable. We have guests arriving on the 28th, so losing the 2lbs in a week would be awesome (she's so skinny, aw). Reporting in on the 1st of Dec will make me accountable throughout their visit, too.

I :heart: this challenge!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    did you notice my ticker - 1 of 2 gone - i am shocked but loving it!!!!!
  • Mufasa0331
    Options
    haha I weighed early.....(i normally weight every Tuesday) but I was curious and I have already dropped 2.5 pounds....and that was with my clothes still on....so I think my portion of the mini challenge has been accomplished....lol

Come on peeps! WE can all do this lets have lots of success stories on Dec1st!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I weigh in tomorrow and should be down my 2 pounds...although I'm sure being sick and drinking so much juice may have done me in...so I'm praying for anything but a gain...
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Well I don't usually weigh on Saturday but for some reason I did - this has bene a pretty big week for me. I've hit the 30 pound mark so now I'll say 32 by Dec 1.....that still gives me a week. I am shocked - I've done really well but still - that's 2 pounds in about 4 days.........Do you see me doing the happy dance!

I have to quit weighing everyday - although I think it really makes me work harder so I'll probably keep doing it. Maybe when I get on the downside of what I need to lose I'll challenge myself to only weight every other day or so.

Way to go Mufasa!!

BrandNewLaura - with being sick I don't think putting the juices and Vitamin C in you was a bad thing - just keep trucking along....we'll be your cheerleaders....Go Laura..Go Laura...just don't picture me in a cheerleading outfit - it could ruin our moment!:tongue:
  • Mufasa0331
    Options
    YAY CHRISSY!! We both hit the 30 pounds loss mark together!! that is fantastic! :happy: :happy:

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!! I TOOK MY MEASUREMENTS THIS MORNING A DAY EARLY AND I LOST 1.25 INCHES OFF MY WAIST AND 1.5 OFF MY HIPS AND "LOVE HANDLES" MEASUREMENT. I AM THRILLED!

MY YOGA PANTS THAT ARE AN XL FROM OLD NAVY TIED AS TIGHT AS I CAN GET THEM STILL GAP AT MY WAIST CUZ THEY ARE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG! YAY!! LOL

LAURA NO WORRIES MY DEAR YOU NEED TO KEEP UP YOUR STRENGTH YOUR BODY GOES THRU SO MUCH WHEN YOU ARE SICK SO DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP! YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB!
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I was hoping I could join you in your mini challenge. I know you guys started this a few days ago, but I think I can still lose 2 lbs by the 1st. I've never done it this way and think it might help me out. I've been so stuck, so I think I just need to look at it with some mini goals,...try a new spin on my outlook. My husband wants me to do a Jingle Bell Run 5K with him in mid December, so I am going to use that for motivation to exercise. This would be my first 5K so I want to try for a decent time. But it's more for fun. They are raising money and collecting food donations for our local food pantries so it's a good cause.

You guys are doing so well, you are an inspiration. BrandNewLaura, I love the poem on your profile!! It was a splash of joy to my day. I really needed it!!

Mufasa, I can relate about the saggy clothes. It's a great feeling isn't it?? You'll love it when you find out you can probably wear a medium now!! I love being able to get smaller sizes.

How often are you all going to check in? Just on Dec 1st?

God bless an you guys ROCK!!

Claire
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    chrisshy,

I have lost 2 pounds since I joined.... but I have to loose more to make up for turkey day!! LOL
    I hope I can hang on until Dec. 1st
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Mufasa - I knew you'd get there!

wlhanisch - great job keep us posted on anymore progress by Dec 1

Luvinlife - we're glad to have you and you absolutely can do it.

I got to watch thererun from last weeks biggest loser and something has stuck with me...during the black teams last chance work out Jillian said don't tell me you can't do something-upi can tell me you need to choose to quit but you make the choice.

I choose to Keep working hard!
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Mufasa - I knew you'd get there!

wlhanisch - great job keep us posted on anymore progress by Dec 1

Luvinlife - we're glad to have you and you absolutely can do it.

I got to watch thererun from last weeks biggest loser and something has stuck with me...during the black teams last chance work out Jillian said don't tell me you can't do something-upi can tell me you need to choose to quit but you make the choice.

I choose to Keep working hard!

I CHOOSE TO KEEP WORKING HARD TOO!!!

That is an awesome quote!!!!! So Awesome I have to wear shades :glasses:
    Way to word it Jillian!
    Thanks for sharing it !!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Not feeling so good today - feeling really queasy and I can't find my peppermint tea! :sad:

Husband is sick too, company coming this evening to stay for the week for thanksgiving (25 people coming here)- need to finish straightening house and doing laundry and I SO don't feel like it....

enough of my rambling - today will get better!!!!
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling well!! I hope it passes quickly!! Don't overdo yourself with cleaning the house and such. I always have to remind myself that people will NOT remember me for how clean my house was. They will remember me for the time I spent with them. I know it's hard, but I would go crazy otherwise. I have 4 kids, several pets, and I watch my friends' children 5 days a week. My house will never be spotless or even close. I just try to keep things decent.

Take care of yourself!!!

Claire
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Thanks Claire - I am feeling better!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

Today marks 3 years for me for the start of my cancer adventure - today, 3 yrs ago was my first Dr appointment. 3 years later - I'm WONDERFUL!!!!!! These are Happy days for me!

This past week was the largest loss I've had - I lost 4.6# - WOW!! Didn't really mean to - not sure where that came from but I'll take it!