Accountability Group for Michelle's Challenge Participants

Options
This thread is intended for people participating in Michelle's Challenge to lose 20 lbs by June 20th.

I hope that at least one person wants to hold me accountable and expect me to do the same to support his or her efforts to stick with it and reach the goal. I think it could work really well with 2, 3, or up to 6 people. If there's more interest, I suspect it would be best to start a second group.

Here's what I propose as ground rules to join the group:

1) Participate -- don't join if you're not planning to participate very regularly, and what that means is that you'll plan to check this thread each time you log in. ("Plan to" does not mean you will, but that you'll plan to, and you won't be surprised if someone speaks up if you are invisible.

2) Be honest -- if you have an observation to share, share it. If you're feeling great, say so. If you're frustrated, say so.

3) Finish the Challenge -- stay with us until June 20. We deserve it, and so do you.

What would you add, subtract, or change?

If you're in, please reply.

Replies

• john9795
    john9795 Posts: 21
    Options
    I would like to join your group.
  • jmarshman
    jmarshman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    John,
    Glad to have you!

Let us be clear that people who are not named John are entirely welcome to join us.
  • jmarshman
    jmarshman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    John,
    Where are you and how is it going? I am in Coloelrado Springs at the US Olympic Training Center for a conference. It is an inspiring place with tremendous people. It's easy to be motivated to exercise here 'cause, quite literally, there are Olympians and s'more impressively, Paralympians who have achieved the highest success while competing with disabilities- paralysis, amputations, blindness and more.

Interestingly, they also are BIG eaters. I've been eating responsibly since arriving - a lot ofsalad and vegetables - and a reasonable serving of delicious ice cream. "Reasonable" is the right word.

All is well! How are you?