He's a big dude

Options
smittybuilt19
smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
ce143460-a719-468b-a998-57fe7b9d5798_zps0ac57be6.jpg

^^ Wow, one of the pics that started it all! About 2 years ago, somewhere in the 235-240 lb. range. Honestly, I didn't notice I was that big. I can still remember one of my co-workers saying, "I wouldn't mess with Smitty, he's a big dude!" Maybe he was referring to an eating contest or something? lol.

1f6042d8-bcaf-468f-b80f-5b2286061bc9_zpsaed66ca6.jpg

^^ This pic was a joke. It was the Thursday night before my first casual Friday at my first "career" job. I Put on my jeans, 38/30's btw, tucked in my XL t-shirt as tight as I could, slapped on some hideous hat, held my chin down to my chest and stuck my belly out. Cheese! My wife and I thought it was hilarious. I remember looking at the pic and thinking wow, I'm fairly large.

5f51a3e9-809c-4d33-a403-a92b285a209f_zps3fe85ac3.jpg

The left side was my first 5k race in October 2012, Susan G. Komen race (approx 190 lbs.) Right side was my most recent 5k (approx 171 lbs.) I did the C25K program before the first race. I ran the second race about 5 sec. faster even though I only ran one time that week in preparation vs. the 9 weeks I spent training for the first one, lol go figure.

53d3be3d-1529-4417-86bb-2cb9adc673cd_zpsbb020ec1.jpg

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Replies

• bsutherland3681
    bsutherland3681 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You look fantastic!!!
  • myarene
    myarene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look great
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Love the comparision pic! You're doing it right and for the right reason. She's adorable.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Good lad!!
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, you should be very proud of yourself!!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Having a hard time focusing. Your baby girl is so cute! You look good too. I bet it's a lot easier to help her fly in her princess clothes too.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!! You look fantastic.
  • smittybuilt19
    Options
    Haha. I definitely just spent an hour typing out my stats, experiences, lessons learned, future plans, and general love for MFP only to click "save" and get a "posts can only be edited within an hour of posting" message. I lost it all lol.

Anyways.

Questions, comments, rude remarks? I am accepting friend request as most of my current friends have quit logging. I appreciate the feedback from you folks who have already posted, as well as the support and robust amount of sound advice and information provided by the senior members of MFP!
  • smittybuilt19
    Options
    Shameless bump. Ok, maybe a little shame.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love the casual Friday pic. I was like "Uh, what the hell? I'm surprised that guy knows what a computer is. " HA! You look awesome!!
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great job fella, awesome !!!
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I had a similar transformation. Getting fat sneaks up on you. Getting fit is much more fun, but a lot more work! Bravo.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! congrats!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look GREAT!! :D
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    excellent work! Congrats
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    amazing!! Great job!
  • smittybuilt19
    Options
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look great!
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow, you holding your daughter in the second picture actually makes you look a lot smaller...Oh, wait, you really are! Congratulations. :)
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Perfect before-and-after there with your little one! You've done great! You look so healthy now
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!