Pre-Logging

Options
Who here pre-logs their food for the day? I had an...unexpected indulgence day the other day and so I pre-logged my breakfast and lunch today. I actually think it's going to help. Might help me plan my meals, too. Does anyone else do this? Have you seen it help you at all? :)

Replies

• itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I pre-log for the following day every evening. If something changes then I can amend as necessary, but it gives me a good starting point and encourages me to stick with what I've logged. :)
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I pre-log every day.. and never deviate 99.9% of the time since I also pack all of my food and have it with me. The only thing I do not pre-log is dinner since most of the time I don't know what I going to make until that afternoon/evening.
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I love to pre-log because it lets me know if I really want to eat the food or change to a better option.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I always do.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    I prelog for the day. I tried several days in advance, but it didn't work for me. Logging the whole day in advance does work for me, I can see where I am, and it's easy enough to change if my plans change. I can also see how much wiggle room I have, if I'm not close to my daily goal and that allows for last minute add ons.
  • shattrdillusion
    Options
    I pre-log breakfast and lunch, it helps me work around my meal planning and forces me to really think about whether I really want an extra snack. It also forces me to stick to what I've logged.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I do the same as bella, log my breakfast and workday food in advance. That way I know what I have to work with for dinner and evening snacks.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly the same during the week, so I can just copy my previous day's entries. Pre-logging everything in the morning helps me see where I'll end up for the day.

If I'm too low, I can add in a snack or know that I can have dessert.

If I'm too high, I can take out a snack or something small.

I can also plan indulgences to make them less "painful" in my diary (meaning they don't put me as far over my goal (if at all) as they would if I didn't pre-log).
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    At the end of every day, I pre-log the next day. That way, I have a plan, but it's not set in stone and I can adjust as needed. It also helps with making sure I don't waste leftovers or let things go bad because I forget about them.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do tend to pre-log breakfast and lunch, so that I can make wise decisions regarding snacks, etc throughout the day knowing what I will be consuming. Since I kind of do a dinner snack after the gym, instead of a real dinner, I make decisions based on what I have already logged
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Generally I do pre-log my day. It helps me stay on track some days. Other days it allows me to see what wiggle room I have for snacks and treats etc. It works well for me.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm a prelogger! I prepare my breakfast and lunch and snack the night before and then log it for the next day. Around lunch time I take a look at where I stand calorie-wise, decide what to have for dinner and then prelog it. Sometimes I forget what I logged for dinner, so when I get home, I actually have to look to remember what to cook. I find it helps me.
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I do it! It's the best thing for me in knowing in advance what's going into my body & being able to adjust for any upcoming events.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I prelog when I know what I'm going to have, and just adjust the quantities once it's actually put together. It does help to see that yes, I can have a snack in the afternoon if I get hungry.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I prelog so I don't stare at my fridge at 6:30 in the morning thinking "what can I eat today?!"

I adjust it as the day goes on sometimes but I find it's easier during the work week to have meals planned out. Helps me save money too.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I normally pre-log for the day in the morning, so I don't lose my streak.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I always pre log. And I only keep 7 days worth of entries. Helps keep the "recent" list under control.
  • DorseyJ618
    Options
    Pre-logging is what really kickstarted my weight loss. I logged every day for about 10 days as I went, and at least half the time I "accidentally" went over. Now I plan everything the day before and I'm usually right on the dot. And if I happen to have a craving, I will only eat as much as I can swap it out for something already logged :)
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    GenesiaElizabeth Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Me also, I always try to pre-log. If I don't, I can find myself way over my cals and floundering around with usually double the carb and salt intake. Seeing the protein and all the numbers in good order helps me to be excited about the day going forward... Because I have a plan.

We all need a good plan. :wink:

73722255.png
  • SlimmerShelly
    Options
    I do the same a bella and knitapeace. prelog breakfast and workday food/snacks