Am I a pear or a hourglass?

Options
gabibarbosa
gabibarbosa Posts: 13
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone :) ! I’m currently trying to loose weight and “sculpt” my body, for both healthy lifestyle and self-esteem. I’m in an eternal dilemma about my body shape and I hope you guys can help me to figure out! The thing is: my measures points out that I’m a pear (in every single body shape calculator that I tried), however, some people say I look like a hourglass. What do you think? I wonder how many women feels like a “hourglass-pear” or just don’t fit in any body type too

This is a picture side by side when I was thinner and another picture of me now (I’ve gained about 22lbs [10kg] in the last year, I’m currently trying to get in shape again)
If I’m not a hourglass, do you think I can become one by loosing weight and exercising?

zxyimhnngzpg.jpg

My current measures:
Bust /Waist/Hips: 34.6-28.5-40.5 in / 88-72-104 cm
Height: 5ft 2 13⁄64 in / 1.58cm

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why it matters?
  • gabibarbosa
    Options
    Well, I think it's nice to understand our own body
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Looks pear to me
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Well, I think it's nice to understand our own body

Ok. But I still don't know why it matters. It shouldn't affect anything about your workouts or diet.
    You are shaped like you. You should only try to become a better version of you.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You're a pear but embrace it. Many of the "ideal" famous bodies out there are pears and they look great. It's all about how you work it and confidence. You were a pear at 114 but looked great.
  • gabibarbosa
    Options
    Thank you, LoraF83, that's true, and that's what I'm trying to do :smile:
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Most definately a pear. Which is totally Fine :)
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    By definition, you are pear shaped, but you shouldn't care. Be happy! Pear shaped women are less likely to die of heart disease! :D Seriously, though, you look fine and be aware that genetics can't change and unless you opt for surgery, there is no changing your general shape. Be healthy and be happy! B)
  • gabibarbosa
    Options
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You're a pear. Like J-Lo.
  • MagicalGiraffe
    MagicalGiraffe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Pear, only way for you to become hourglass would be a breast agumentation, so no natural way possible.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I would say "pear".

• Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    pear with hour glass tendencies :-)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Pear. No you probably cannot become an hourglass through diet and exercise. Why do you want to?
  • gabibarbosa
    Options
    Pear. No you probably cannot become an hourglass through diet and exercise. Why do you want to?

I always thought my shape was something between pear and hourglass, if I could choose one to "work on" or enfatize it would probably be hourglass for I find it a really flattering silhouette. But pear is nice too. At the end of the day every body has its beauty
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Looks pear to me. I think to be hour glass your top is supposed to be closer in measurement with your bottom with a small middle... You look good though, no matter which one you are.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

I always thought my shape was something between pear and hourglass, if I could choose one to "work on" or enfatize it would probably be hourglass for I find it a really flattering silhouette. But pear is nice too. At the end of the day every body has its beauty

Is that because it's darker then? You know, at the end of the day. I assume you turn the lights out, and sleep.

I wouldn't worry about your specific shape. Just be your best version of you. I sort of dislike the apple, pear, orange, banana shape comments. People generally use them as a crutch. "This is the best I can do. I'm pear shaped."
  • gabibarbosa
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

Is that because it's darker then? You know, at the end of the day. I assume you turn the lights out, and sleep.

I wouldn't worry about your specific shape. Just be your best version of you. I sort of dislike the apple, pear, orange, banana shape comments. People generally use them as a crutch. "This is the best I can do. I'm pear shaped."

Very true, thank you :smile:
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're a pear, just like me! *high five*
  • gabibarbosa
    Options
    Yes, you're a pear, just like me! *high five*

XD