How many times has it been now?

Options
Im 16 years old and it feels like ive been looking at calorie packets and telling myself that 'its ok, im growing' But have no finally realised how big I am.
At 225 pounds and 6 foot, and am by far the biggest of my friends on the scales.
I also have to add to this collection, stretch marks surrounding my body through my love of cake.
But I have set some goals for myself and want to be a stone and a half lighter by Christmas and have joined the gym with 2 close friends.

My question to the more experienced of you out there are these

1. How hard is it ? (because everyone ive talked to tells me its awful)
2. Does it get easier to control cravings for junk food?
3. What happens to stretch marks? (I know they wont fully disappear but how bad will they be)
4. Does anyone have any beginner weight programs to get me started out?

Thanks for all your support guys , this time im going to do it!
:)

Replies

• Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    do it while you're young. I've heard that my entire life. but now I really really wish I had listened!
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It gets easier to control cravings for junk food... IF you compare the first couple days of going without compared to as you get going. I had a terrible headache for a few days after I started trying to be healthy again. The headache goes away and the constant desire for sweet breads and cupcakes does tone down, but of course there is always that nagging craving in the back of your mind that you have to gain control of too! Best of luck :smile: Just set your mind to it and stay positive!
  • dominict1234567
    Options
    I just need to get over this hurdle of junk food , guess it shows how bad it is for you if your feeling this bad because you cant shove a burger into your face :) thanks again guys!
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you're dieting that's one thing. If it's a lifestyle change then remember that occasionally you can have something that you love, but in moderation and consciously!
    I once read this book called "Mindless Eating" and it was an eyeopener for me
  • Arianemarie123
    Arianemarie123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Coco butter works for stretch marks, which is what I plan on using once I get to my goal weight. It softens them. You can do it! Feel free to add me. I've been there, especially with junk food temptations. It gets easier to log over time, it's a habit for me. Best of luck! :)