question about low calorie intake?

Options
kiragarnett1
kiragarnett1 Posts: 4
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Question...

I slept in this morning so only had time for coffee for breakfast
then I forgot my wallet so didn't really have lunch today (my friend gave me a carrot)

so my question is do I eat a lode of food now to get up to a decent calorie intake even though I'm not hungry, or do I just stick to being massively under caleries?

Replies

• Wahmaster
    Wahmaster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are comfortable just add a few small snack/meals so that your body does not think you are starving it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    One day will not do any damage. Don't feel the need to stuff yourself silly. These things happen - just a lesson to plan better for next time.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Some people only eat one meal a day, and use their entire day's calories all at once.

I will sometimes skip a snack or two (I generally plan 3 meals and 2-3 snacks) if I want to have wine with dinner or if we are going out to eat.

They are your calories. Use them or not, but just make sure you log it.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I mean do not force yourself to eat. Eat as much as you can. Being under goal once in a while will not harm you. I have days where I just do not eat enough cause I am busy or sick.

I would however eat calorie dense foods....peanut butter, bread, pasta, olive oil, nuts, cheese, chocolate, or meat...etc. Food that will make up for the lack of calories.

Hell go for that cheeseburger, alfredo pasta, pizza :)...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Don't stuff yourself just for the sake of getting in a certain amount of calories. Coming in way under now and then won't put you in "starvaton mode" (which is a myth, by the way), just like one day of a little overeating isn't going to totally ruin your weight loss attempts.

However, I would suggest you think about how you could handle days like this better. Maybe keep a frozen dinner in the freezer at work or some instant oatmeal in your desk or just suck it up and ask one of your coworkers if you can borrow a few bucks and pay them back tomorrow. I'd probably be ready to pass out if I didn't eat all day like that!