Anyone looking to lose 90 pounds and want to do it with me?

Options
I've got about 90 pounds of ick on my body which really sucks because I've battled this problem most of my life About 3 years ago, I was in the best shape of my life, but still probably about 20 pounds overweight. I was happy though. I felt good, looked good, was more confident than I'd ever been. I discovered at that point in time that I'm a good looking guy when I'm not fat.

Now I'm huge. I can barely stand to look at myself in the mirror. I get heartburn a lot. I binge eat often. I am winded over very little. I've been successful in the past. I have the know-how and I have a solid understanding of my setbacks. I want to change my life and do it for good. I also want to lose those last 20 pounds that I didn't lose the first time around. I've never been who I really want to be, and I want to get there.

I've only recently come across this board and I like what it's all about. I want as many friends as I can get from here, but what I'd really like is someone, or some people who are almost in exactly the same boat as me--down to the amount of pounds they want to lose. Maybe it could be a friendly competition or something. If you're in the same boat and are motivated enough to give this an honest go, hit me up and we'll do this together. I'm going to do it either way, but I thought there might be something to this.

Feel free to friend me or respond here.

Replies

• kaseasteele
    kaseasteele Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm newer to these boards. I'm looking to lose about 30 - 40 pounds. I know it's not the same amount as you but having friends is always good, especially for motivation. Anyway... let me know!
  • mcbrainder
    mcbrainder Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'll take any friends I can get. I like seeing the feeds on mfp. It's motivating.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Yo CAN do this! Add me and I'll cheer you on.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27 and need to lose about 79 more .. lol. I'm here!!!
  • mcbrainder
    Options
    I've gotten some messages and friend adds and appreciate it. Hopefully, a few of us can try to go through this together.
  • harveyj_88
    harveyj_88 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 58lbs add me if you want, i'm logging food every day and I like you nearly got to my goal 3 years ago then I just stopped and let myself go and put it all back on
    You can add me if you like
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is 75lbs but that is just to start because it will get me where I weighed in highschool. I was overweight then too... so I will need to lose more after that! Feel free to add me, ALL OF YOU! I am motivated and determined! I post everyday! :)
  • lx3tx
    lx3tx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have about that much to lose! I started in May at about 223. Then stopped for a while over summer. Restarted at 216 and am now at 206. My goal is to be in the 120s. I'm 5'3". I don't have any friends yet...but would like some, especially those with similar goals.
  • psednal
    Options
    This my 2nd day, at age 52, I am 5'9" 275 lb, I told my doctor I would like to be 225, but secretly would like to be 199. Something abut the 1xx. 90 lbs would put me at 185, I havent seen that for 25 years.
    My doc has a supervised program. the diet portion is vague so I started MFP yesterday. I am heavy, but I am also big. At 225 I would look like a average person from 50 feet. But I can fill up a doorway, even when I was thin.
    Motivation is a problem for me, so is exersize.
    Doctor did a CO2 metabolism test on me, he says I am burning 3700 cal/day just in normal functions. He says 2500 cal/day is my goal. MFP says 1620 Cal/day net. Yesterday I had 1964 calories - 104 exersize =1860 net..so I was 240 over. I will be with you the entire way Brian.
  • pickledeggy
    pickledeggy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, i too have done this before. I was really slim but considered overweight by several pounds... But the best shape id ever been./ Now ive piled it on and more. to be what i was i need to lose 6 stone but id like to lose 7. im 21 and 5'8
  • Limebird
    Limebird Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. I have a long way to go but I've also come a long way too. Don't best yourself up over it.
  • mcbrainder
    Options
    Thanks for the adds and advice everyone. I'm highly motivated and intend on taking this all the way.

There's some cool people on MFP
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I got a little more than that to go still and I'd gladly take more friends :) I love having all the fun news everyday, its encouraging. I have a open diary and what not, log daily. Feel free to add.

Cheers!
  • zeeland5
    zeeland5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hit my peak weight of 294 at the first of the year, and knew something had to change. There was no way I wanted to reach that approaching milestone. My asthma doctor has told me in the past that I would be a lot better off if I dropped 100lbs.
    I've been logging on MFP for a couple months now, and am following a '115 day to 5K' program. The results have been very satisfying.
    I don't have any friends on here yet, but figure it couldn't hurt, especially if we share similar goals.
  • thickgurly
    thickgurly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lose at least 70lbs. We all need the support. You can add me if you like.
    thickgurly.
  • mcbrainder
    Options
    Hey Zeeland, your peak weight is exactly mine: 294. I'm around 290 now, so I'm in the very early stages. I plan on getting to 200, or maybe 194 just so I can say I'm in the 100 pound club.
  • elixile
    elixile Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey, want to lose 86lbs which should fit into the healthy range quite nicely, but 90lbs would also be v. good for me!

Down 11lbs so far, just started to up my exercises a bit further and opened up my diary for the first time - erk!

Currently not drinking but that's not necessarily going to be a life long change, just for October. Still, it's helping as that's one of my main contributary factors to not losing weight. If you want to friend, feel free and good luck! We can do this.
  • christashay
    christashay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've lost about 61# so far, of course, it's taken me about 2 yrs. I have another 60 ish I'd like to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me. I'm a great cheerleader and am here for the long haul! :)
  • 44scoobydoo
    44scoobydoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this thread. I have lost 13 pounds so far and currently weight 273. My short term goal is 200. After that I will set a new goal. So definitely count me in. I am now on thyroid meds and vitamin D meds. I will start my workout regimen this weekend as I am just getting over a groin and lower back strain.

I am totally excited and ready to lose this weight for good.
  • mcbrainder
    Options
    You're all added. Feel free to update on this thread as you go. I will be posting here every now and then when I hit a landmark. So my low weight in the last decade is 233. I'm about 290 now. 250 is usually a plateau point for me. 280 was my old high for a long time, though I've recently surpassed that. I look forward to passing all these points and hopefully even hitting my lifetime goal of 200.