Is it just me, or does Jillian drive any of you CRAZY too?

Options
124»

Replies

• clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Can't stand her YELLING!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand her. I can't abide her even enough to take advantage of her expertise as a trainer. There are plenty of other workouts in the world; I can deal without her lol.

Me too - plenty of other great instructors out there. Jillian's popularity is all about marketing IMO.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My wife will be encouraged to know that so many people share her dislike of Jillian. Me? I have never seen the woman except in about a million commercials - never watched "Loser" or any of her DVD's. But I'm still thinking of getting 30 Day Shred for my wife, then she can toss it to me. Hey, most days I love Tony Horton but some days he annoys me. But he does help me, so I keep coming back.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    "Isn't it Buddy???" Ew she annoys me! She does kick my butt though

Ha Ha. I can talk her word for word now. lol

:laugh: I mock her all through the shred.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I guess I am in the minority. I myself have never done any exercise DVD's, they aren't my thing at all. But - I have watched countless Seasons of The Biggest Loser(watched it yesterday infact) and I for one like Jillian. Yeah I don't care for the marketing hype, I probably would never buy any of her products but I like her kick *kitten* attitude and unlike others - I like her body. I like women with real strength, and I am kinda tom boy-ish so It doesn't bother me.
    No I don't think she was once a man - we all should know any form of over musculature or manly bulge is the result of abusing 'roids or some stimulant.

I myself was overweight until around 17, so I can relate. Not perfect at all - nor like Jillian but I get it.

Eh, to each their own. I like all the trainers on the show :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    o.k. I did some more research and found she got certifications that you can get in one weekend. They are the kind of certifications almost anyone can get. She said she worked as a physical therapy aid, but there is absolutely nothing on her web site that explains where she got her education other than she's been training since she was 17. Now I ask you, who hires a 17 year old trainer? And from what I have read, and the little I've seen many trainers agree her form teaching is not the best, for as "expert' as some consider her to be.

Well, she's an inspiration (to some). And she knows how to market herself. And she helps pay for this site we use. I guess I owe her some gratitude for that.............but ugh.

it's too bad that a truly great trainer, that really IS an expert, like some that I have worked with didn't figure out how to make it big time. Ah well, my hat off to you Jillian for taking the place of the annoying Denise Austin.

I was going to do some research as well because I remember reading somewhere she doesn't have a "true trainer's" certificate and she's not a registered dietician but you did it for me! I use to love the show, Jillian and Bob till I read this info and testimonials from previous contestants saying that Bob and Jillian are not as nice off camera...and IMO they aren't nice on camera so can you imagine what off camera is like. The previous contestants have also said that Jillian goes against the registered dietician's advice off camera as well. Jillian only got on BL because she is a producer for the show. As I said once I read all this I lost all respect for BL and it's trainers.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I have never watched Biggest Loser and am just about to finish 30DS and have to say I have never gotten the results that I have seen from 30 DS in any other workout! As long as I get results, I will stick with JM's videos. I can always mute her!:wink:
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yeah she is already driving me up the wall a bit,and its barely been a week,but I'll stick it out,the mute button
    is always there for me in the long run...lol
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    It's a love and hate thing. I love what she does for my body but I hate her voice sometimes...okay, a lot of times..but like the other said, as long as I'm getting results...I can mute her in my head...
  • Monicazumba2013
    Monicazumba2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When Jillian was younger she was very overweight and started to workout an watch what she ate....watched a documentary kinda thing...her voice annoys me and it annoys me when doing jumping jacks she just flops her arms down...but shes been there and knows how it feels. Just mute her voice, as i do!! LOL
  • cfer843625
    Options
    Am I the only one that thinks she's a man?

lol shes not a man... she used to be fat tho! I like her, when shes kickin *kitten*... but on one of the videos I have shes trying to talk all nice and THAT CREEPS ME OUT! Be the "Bia" that she is and I can handle it.... lol but on the other hand... I love Bob Harper!!!! Im a true biggest loser fan!
  • Lele71
    Lele71 Posts: 76
    Options
    I have the biggest loser power sculpt dvd and I actually like her 20 minute workout on there. She shows you how to do the exercise correctly so that you don't hurt yourself.
  • Monicazumba2013
    Monicazumba2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i have that also and love it too!!!!