BOO to Monopoly at McDonald's!

Options

Replies

• PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My husband is the exact same way! He even holds onto the previous game pieces hoping that he can use them with the new game! I believe he's also waiting on that winning ticket! :laugh:

Personally, I don't eat at McDonalds; however I do take my grandkids occasionally so they can play and eat their $.49/$.59 burgers on Wednesdays and Sundays. During those times, I'll have an ice-cream cone or a parfait. I stay away from everything else.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If I play, I just get a big diet soda. I get game pieces and zero calories.

Also, for whomever mentioned the kids toys and wanting specific ones - if you go to McDonalds you can just buy the toys and don't have to get the food. I learned that a few years ago when they were selling the Wizard of Oz Madam Alexander dolls - my DD was in a HUGE Wizard of Oz phase at the time. We got all of the dolls that she wanted and didn't have to eat there once.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I get the oatmeal, iced coffee and egg McMuffin, which are part of the Monopoly.

I let my son have a smoothie and some of my McMuffin and oatmeal- and I only feed him super healthy food.

I don't think there's anything wrong with occasional McDonalds :) I think if you "ban" foods, you will never be able to stick to a diet in the long term. I have friends who FORBID McDonalds and fast food for their kids- I don't think that's a good idea at all. Only because I had friends in college who were never allowed to eat fast food and they gained 30 lbs. in 1 semester eating at the student center. At our local McDonalds, they have special fundraisers for the grade schools in our neighborhood and all the teachers go- on days like that, you just have to take a deep breath and realize that every meal isn't going to be perfect. With that being said, we go maybe 3 or 4 times a year, but regardless- it's not forbidden.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I go to McD' more in October than at any other time of the year. And I still fit in to my tiny halloween costumes by the end of the month. I suppose I could just buy lottery tickets.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SHOULD BE BANNED and replaced with like rainforest cafe. Veggie based entrees at a reasonable price all good for you
    How is it that Rainforest Cafe has reasonable prices? Are we going to the same place?

Rainforest Cafe is very expensive!!

And the RC at the mall always has an hour and a half wait, minimum for a table. Screw that
  • ebgbjo078
    Options
    Forget Monopoly...bring on the McRib!!!

I actually used to live a couple blocks from a McDonalds that had the McRib year round! It was a bad neighborhood... lol

It is a dangerous sandwich...that's what makes it so good! It's always the bad ones that look the most appealing. Well, that, and it's got the same chemical make-up of a yoga mat, but seriously, who cares, right?

You DO realize that McRibs AREN'T the only foods with azodicarbonamide in it, right??? All it is is a flour bleaching agent..which should make you wonder why it needs to be in a yoga mat
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options

I actually used to live a couple blocks from a McDonalds that had the McRib year round! It was a bad neighborhood... lol

It is a dangerous sandwich...that's what makes it so good! It's always the bad ones that look the most appealing. Well, that, and it's got the same chemical make-up of a yoga mat, but seriously, who cares, right?

You DO realize that McRibs AREN'T the only foods with azodicarbonamide in it, right??? All it is is a flour bleaching agent..which should make you wonder why it needs to be in a yoga mat
    I don't care what's in the mcrib it's amazing haha, thankfully they haven't been around for some time around my area haha
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Mcdonald's actually has some really healthier options. Their salads have less calories than a lot of the sandwiches at Sunway and a Big Mac is less calories then a veggie sub from Quizno's. No Micky D's isn't health food but it does have healthy options. People just assume because it's Mcd's it automatically means that they don't offer a single healthy option but that's ignorant their food tends to be a lot less calories then Wendy's & BK.

I have a serious addiction to their Diet Coke IDK what it is about it. Also Mac Sauce is like the condiment form of crack but THAT is horrible for you
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Mcdonald's actually has some really healthier options. Their salads have less calories than a lot of the sandwiches at Sunway and a Big Mac is less calories then a veggie sub from Quizno's. No Micky D's isn't health food but it does have healthy options. People just assume because it's Mcd's it automatically means that they don't offer a single healthy option but that's ignorant their food tends to be a lot less calories then Wendy's & BK.

I have a serious addiction to their Diet Coke IDK what it is about it. Also Mac Sauce is like the condiment form of crack but THAT is horrible for you

Mac Sauce is just Thousand Island Dressing. I make my own big macs at home sometimes. But I still get McDonalds from time to time. The BigMac is still the best burger on the planet.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Now you're talking!! I love the McRib and yes I will be eating them when they come out. And I will continue to eat them regardless of what the food police thinks.

All while still losing weight.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I still like maccy ds but only once in a blue moon.
    I like dipping my fries in my chocolate milkshake...better than an orgasm :laugh:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I like dipping my fries in my chocolate milkshake...better than an orgasm :laugh:

You're doing it wrong. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

You're doing it wrong. :wink: :flowerforyou:

You could say that...:laugh:
  • silverwlfsgurl
    Options
    I love monopoly and I must say I am guilty of having gone there several times now that it has started back up. BUT it is possible to eat somewhat decently there. I usually get the oatmeal or the egg white delight and a coffee. That's four pieces and even though I know I probably won't win big it's still fun... I really like the oatmeal and the coffee.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I like Mc Ds, they have the calorie counts now on most of their food, and sometimes I will go through the drive through. I also like their fries. They also have healthy choices. And good prices.

I'm looking at the McDonalds nutrition pdf right now. Except for some plain lettuce with no dressing, where are the healthy choices? I'm not seeing them. Even the oatmeal has 19 grams of sugar.

There are plenty of reasonable items on the menu that a reasonable person could fit into a reasonable day. 19g of sugar is not going to hurt.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    MCDONALDS SHOULD BE BANNED and replaced with like rainforest cafe. Veggie based entrees at a reasonable price all good for you

Gross no. No one will take my Mcdonalds Mcgriddle away from me, No one.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    why are people so into that game? I've never understood that.

Me neither.

It's like Roll Up the Rim at Tim Hortons in Canada. People go NUTSO for that game!!!! You should see the line ups. It's ridiculous!!

LOL, at least you can order a black coffee or steeped tea and still get a chance to win. I know personally of three friends who won bikes from Timmies. But of course they went every day on their way to work and hit the drive through for a large. If you read the fine print the car is only available as a prize on the large or extra large hot drinks. So all those people buying medium get the food prizes, lol.

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I worked there for 4 years. The most i ever saw was a $100 win. When i worked there my mcd's had chicken fajitas. They were awesome and not that bad for you. Of course our owner decided to get rid of them.. . /sigh
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    Take a look at the new McD's Monopoly advert.
    Not an overweight person in sight.
    Truth in advertising right?
    BOO indeed.

News flash. You can eat at mcdonalds without being fat
    Have you ever been in one? Or anywhere in public for that matter?
    It irks me that they fill the ads with healthy looking people.
    I guess my point wasn't clear, or you just want to argue...

are you suggesting they be the first company in history aside from private hospitals to cast unhealthy looking people for the commercials?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to a McDonald's in such a long time that I didn't even know that they tore it down!! I passed by when they had the free coffee deal and I was shocked!! :D I miss it...