Need to lose a dress size by December 13! Help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You don't have time to EXERCISE off the lbs you need in time. I'm gonna parrot someone else in the forum: "Weight loss is mostly kcal deficit achieved with dieting. Workout is for health and helps to create deficit".

Good luck:)
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    So to conclude. Calorie deficit (e.g. eat 1200 cals per day) + exercise + super awesome underwear = fitting in the dress. :-) If you have trouble counting calories, like me, you could consider a program like Slim Fast. xxx
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused. I dropped a size in a month with working out, cardio and strength, and mfp. Half a dress size was accomplished simply by toning my muscles, Pilates alone pulled in an inch around my waist. By December does not seem unrealistic or even that hard.
  • SarahSeemsSilly
    Options
    Green tea is magic in speeding up your metabolism. Brew and drink a cup an hour or so before the gym, and a couple more cups through the day. But then again green tea is my answer to everything. Hahaha.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    For me, every 10 lbs is a size down. You have plenty of time to lose 10lbs the healthy way. Log your food religiously, stay at a deficit and you will be fine and looking great in your smaller dress.
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I went from a US size 2X down to a 12 in about six months (that was about 30 lbs) so I think it is possible you could do this if the dress isn't too small.
  • consideritdonemi
    consideritdonemi Posts: 88 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    HIIT / interval exercises (less time investment), lots of green tea, 3 Day Military Diet (3 days on and then normal/healthy calorie intake 4 days), avoid high carbs and sodium leading up to the big day and/or give water pills a whirl...and Spanx...that's what I would try in the short/desperate term. ;-)
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to get the dress altered or exchange it and please don't listen to @pknjhh.

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Low carb - Cut all white carbs
    Salads, Soups
    Lots of protein
    Fruit
    Veggies
    Lots of water
    Green tea
    Lots of sweating, exercising - Move a lot more.
    Count calories
    Log everything that goes into your mouth
    Cut out fat, sodium, sugar, processed

Im sure your see results : )

Spanx knickers too, they hide any bulges you don't want anyone too see : )
  • runny111
    runny111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't see why losing one dress size in 10 weeks is an unrealistic goal. Its very doable. A size is about 5-15lbs (depending on height and how close you are to your ideal weight).

I think you can do it.

The plan that worked for me was Bob Harper's Skinny Rules combined with tracking on MFP.
    Ensure that you eat 20-25g of lean protein at every meal.
    Fill up your plate with veggies and fruit.
    Change your grain intake to wholewheat and non-wheat grains such as bulgur, quinoa, barley.
    Prepare your own food.
    Log everything

Also with the 40min commute to the gym, I would just take up walking/running. I know winter is coming but just suit up with warm clothing and get out there. At 6AM. 11-6AM is 7 hours of sleep. Make time for 30mins every morning and the rest of the day, take the stairs and try to fit in little bits of activity to total 30mins.

If you can afford it, buy a treadmill.

Good luck. With that plan, I lost 50lbs in a year. And have kept it off for nearly 18months.
  • runny111
    Options
    And don't buy anything processed. You'll have much better results if you eat what you make from the outside aisles of the grocery store.

You can do it. I have a 60hour a week job, two small kids and a husband, and I travel and eat out for work. This used to be my excuse for staying fat, then I decided to carve out 1 hour a day for me for a year. 1 hour to exercise, and I usually plan and log while I workout (Ipad mini). No my kids, husband and work have a happier, healthier person.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If a dress size is 5-15 as runny says then I think its prefectly possible to lose that weight safely as long as you follow a sensible plan. I will be losing at least that. between that period, but I dont wear dresses. Get your skates on though to increase your chances of it happening. You need to get your plan prepare and organise sooner rather than later. You will need to put some effort in though to make sure it 100% happens.
  • runny111
    Options
    I lost 6-7 sizes in a year. At 5'2 and 162lbs to 112lbs. Went from tight 14 to a 0. That's about a size every 8 weeks. And I would buy the next size down as soon as it fit decently. Tight pants are a great motivator to keep you honest at every meal. Goal outfits are fantastic motivation.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think you can do it, but its going to take a lot of determination and no excuses, i have dropped 2 jeans sizes since the 1 of sept, but i may have a lot more weight to lose than you, and went from being a total slob eating lots of bad food and massive portions to eating more sensible choices and portions, and hitting the gym every night but 1 a week. Some good advice from others above, but its just how bad you want it i guess, but be prepared it may well all go back on and more :neutral_face: