unsure about whether to take protein powder...

Options
i want to reduce my body fat. I am female, 5' 7 and weigh 150 pounds. I have set my macros to 40c/30/30. I workout using kettlebells (12 and 16kg) 3x a week for 45 mins. My macros always run short on protein so I amm in two minds whether or not to have a protein shake straight after training. I typically consume around 110g protein and find it hard to eat more protein in the day.

What do you suggest? Should I have the shake to even out my macros?

Replies

• halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    its whey protein, if that makes a difference
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yup - drink the shake!
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    If you are aiming to get more protein, I would say first try to get it through "normal" food, but there is nothing wrong with using some whey to get there.
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    does no harm if your wanting to up your intake and cant manage it with 'food' - just allow for the calories too.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That's generally what I use whey for, myself. After three meals and snacks, I'm usually falling short on my protein goal, so whey is one way to get more protein without too much coming in from the other macros.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    You're currently consuming enough protein to reach your goal. So extra protein is optional. The time of day you have it won't make a noticeable difference.
  • Health_Temple
    Options
    My suggestion is Get it from gnc-30 day $ back guarantee and if you don't like the flavor or type then you can exchange it after 30 days
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is Get it from gnc-30 day $ back guarantee and if you don't like the flavor or type then you can exchange it after 30 days

Alternatively, Vitamin Shoppe retail stores sell single-serving pouches of a lot of different brands and flavors. It's usually $2.00 ~ $2.50 each and a great way to try new flavors before dropping $50+ on a tub.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but I wouldn't have it in anything but ice and water unless you're using a shake as a meal replacement.
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! :D