What do you do with your phone?

Options
2»

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I use an arm strap thing but I strap it to my ankle when I'm riding my horse. Otherwise I usually strap it on my arm or shove it in a pocket.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just don't put it in your bra! I've killed a phone that way. I can only assume I waterlogged it with sweat or something!

I did that once when I went on a quick walk at lunch (it was a super hot day) and it was pretty wet. I was lucky that it didn't break but had I been out longer I would have busted it for sure!

OP: When I go for runs I tend to just hold my phone now. I use the timer to see how long I can run for at a time and gradually increase it every time I go out. I also use it to log exercise and listen to music while working out (at home). When I'm at the gym, I keep it on a table next to my bottle and workout tracking sheet. I go to a really small gym so I tend to just ask whoevers at the reception to play certain types of music (I'm usually alone when I'm there too so they're super nice and changed songs if I request it)
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    My phone goes in my gym bag, no distractions while I'm training. It's bad enough I have to share a gym with other people. LOL! I have a separate iPod for music.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Lifeproof case and in my bra. Big boobs, so I usually am wearing two, it goes between them. If you're worried about the cord of headphones catching on machines, they do make bluetooth headphones, so wireless. When I run outside I don't use headphones because people are crazy.
  • safronia
    safronia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a holder that goings around my waist. I can't stand wearing bands on my arm either. The first one I got was the FlipBelt. Now I have one from Forever21 that looks like a much more chic version of a fanny pack. I love the waist belts because you can put more than your phone in them (keys, money, etc), and once I put it under my shirt I forget it's there and no one knows I'm wearing it.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I tuck my iphone with my commuter otter case into my bra. I'm big busted and wear the Victoria Secret Knockout bra; it's the best sport's bra i've ever had, btw. My phone stays put and is close by when i need to change the song or record my reps and my headphones have a cord, but i just wrap my phone a couple times in the wire and tuck it in. Piece of cake! good luck!
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    lamps1303 wrote: »
    If you're on the treadmill at the gym could you not just put it in the holder on the machine? That way it won't get in your way whilst you're exercising

I see people do that once in a while.....until they hook their headphones with their hand/arm and send their phone flying off the back.

Bluetooth headset. I put the phone on my arm while running or on my handlebar mount while riding, but no tether between my head and the phone. Plus it works for voice, so if I get a call (and want to take it) I'm already set up to do so.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I seen a girl walk by me with her phone attached to her ankle. maybe you can find that for yourself
  • ECfromSJ
    ECfromSJ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use a running buddy, it attaches at the waist of my pants with magnets. You can get them through amazon, or directly through running buddy

Thanks so much for mentioning this. I've added it to my Amazon wishlist.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I watch netflix on mine while i am on the treadmill, the hour flies by! music when on anything else.
  • jennxlynch
    jennxlynch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody! I'm going to look into the belts and running buddy. My workout gear doesn't have pockets and while I can prop my phone up on the treadmill that doesn't work on the rower or any of the weight machines.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I love my spibelt too. I have a Blackberry Z10 (ok ok, no hate mail please lol), it's big, and it fits in my spibelt along with my keys.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    iPod for music and it lives in my bra- phone stays in the bag- comes out for between sets- or videoing sets.

I do use it to watch netflix on the stairmaster.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    iPod for music and it lives in my bra- phone stays in the bag- comes out for between sets- or videoing sets.

I do use it to watch netflix on the stairmaster.

Need to use the stair master so I can do this stat :) do you happen to have wifi in your gym? I get concerned about using too much data sometimes

• JoRocka
    Options
    I'm on sprint unlimited- so I don't care. and I have never checked for wi-fi b/c of that LOL
    - its' great- that's the only way I can stay on there for more than 15 minutes- with a good show on there- I can make it about an hour.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Aww dang. Ever since the sprint customer service rep told me he'd get riiiiiiiiiight on that when I complained about too many dead zones in my little town I signed up with AT&T and have never looked back. There may be some great options out there though. Even T mobile may be fine here
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I've actually taken really well to not listening to music when I run (headphones aren't permitted at most of the races I do, anyway). I use my Garmin for GPS/time tracking.

If I feel I need to carry it for safety purposes, I have two options - a fannypack-like belt that has a nice pocket for my phone and car key for short runs, and an "add-on" pocket that fits my phone/key that goes on my hydration belt for long runs. For my bike, I got a phone carrier stem bag. :)
  • itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use a neoprene arm band for my phone, but I've found that it annoys me less and is more accessible if I wrap the arm band around my forearm instead of my upper arm. If I need to take a photo, I just take off the band and slip the phone out of the neoprene sleeve enough to expose the rear camera.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Aww dang. Ever since the sprint customer service rep told me he'd get riiiiiiiiiight on that when I complained about too many dead zones in my little town I signed up with AT&T and have never looked back. There may be some great options out there though. Even T mobile may be fine here

some places do- it's worth checking on that though!!!

yeah I was grandfathered in under Verizon unlimited till my parents kicked me off- and at the time I was using 2 gigs in under 14 days- no way I could survive on their plan. Since I'm in NJ- which is pretty populated so coverage kind of HAS to be good- I do pretty well- I mostly just only need it in my house- work and the studio- I get nothing in the back of the studio- but mostly everywhere else it works. My BF had to switch off b/c he moved and the only place that has covered for him is Verizon- which makes visiting a PITA- but no biggie- once a month I can live w/o full coverage!

carriers are a racket all the way around though. good luck with it!!! some places totally have wi-fi so it's worth asking!