Favourite gym class and most frequent?

Options
Ok just a fun thread see what you guys all like doing :) my current favorite has to be Les Mills body attack!! :D it used to be spin then one night spin was fully booked I did attack instead I absolutely loved it :D So now I do spin twice a week, body attack twice a week and body pump 4 times a week.. I love body combat too unfortunately I teach Tuesday evening when it's on, so can only do it if for some reason am not working ;)

Replies

• hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    The only thing I do in a class environment is yoga. Great stretching and core workout for my run training.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Not tried yoga before I tried pilates guess yoga is similar?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Group Blast (step) and Group Centergy (yoga/pilates)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Never found any gym class I enjoyed.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Body pump is my favorite, followed closely by yoga. I find pilates to be more like aerobics, and don't really care for it. Trying to get up my courage for a water-based class or spin.
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bootcamp and then Les Mills Body Pump
  • trijojo_84
    Options
    I enjoy spin class, particularly if the instructor does a proper cycling workout. I hate when they start fluting around with pushups and other upper body moves.

My gym doesn't have enough spin classes to fit the demand for them though, which is very frustrating when I want to use them to keep up some bike fitness over the winter.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    There's alot of spin at my gym when my old gym closed I did more spin than anything, so that was the reason I chose the gym I'm at now ;) was a spin addict!! :p
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love step, but I wind up injuring myself a lot, so I mostly skip it now. I want to like bodypump and yoga, but both of them have also caused me multi-day injuries every time I've tried them, regardless of how careful I am. So, it's Zumba at least 5x/week.

I want to try cardio kickboxing and spin.
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    jlahorn wrote: »
    I love step, but I wind up injuring myself a lot, so I mostly skip it now. I want to like bodypump and yoga, but both of them have also caused me multi-day injuries every time I've tried them, regardless of how careful I am. So, it's Zumba at least 5x/week.

I want to try cardio kickboxing and spin.

kickboxing is super fun and will give you a great workout
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba classes!!

and body combat as well
  • dawnveltman1
    Options
    I like zumba, body combat, bodyflow, and basic yoga classes. I also like to incorporate 1 or 2 group classes (like aqua zumba) in my weekly schedule, too. They give me a much needed break. :)
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I take primarily classes for my workouts. Strength and conditioning class twice a week and three bootcamp style classes and one track class a week. I don't always like everything we do in class but I like the results and I love the camaraderie of group classes.