Shakeology vs. Herbalife

Options
124»

Replies

• jonlefave
    jonlefave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Or just eat real food instead of buying processed crap that's been sitting in a warehouse for half a year.
  • rchwae
    Options
  • bobkratchet
    Options
    Sorry I brought this back from the dead.

Both are WAY overpriced!

To sum it up, Shakeology, natural ingredients, lots of stuff you're not sure you need, but you pay A LOT for it.

Herbalife, also very expensive, and consists mostly of artificial, lab-made nutrition.

Take a look at the labels.

Herbalife - look at the chemical ingredient list.

http://az31823.vo.msecnd.net/content/en-us/pdf/catalog/3107_formula1_dutchchocolate_label_us.pdf

Shakeology - natural ingredients, but do you need all that?

http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/shakeology/PDFs/Chocolate/shakeology_supplement_facts_chocolate.pdf

Both are damn expensive.
  • BattlePony
    BattlePony Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry I brought this back from the dead.

Both are WAY overpriced!

To sum it up, Shakeology, natural ingredients, lots of stuff you're not sure you need, but you pay A LOT for it.

Herbalife, also very expensive, and consists mostly of artificial, lab-made nutrition.

Take a look at the labels.

Herbalife - look at the chemical ingredient list.

http://az31823.vo.msecnd.net/content/en-us/pdf/catalog/3107_formula1_dutchchocolate_label_us.pdf

Shakeology - natural ingredients, but do you need all that?

http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/shakeology/PDFs/Chocolate/shakeology_supplement_facts_chocolate.pdf

Both are damn expensive.

Shakeology's ingredients look more natural, but how much of those "superfoods" does each shake contain? Is a pea-sized serving of Goji Berry going to help me, for instance?

Also, I'll mention that many of the vitamins listed on the Shakeology bag are the synthetic forms. Some people may not find that important, but some people don't want synthetic vitamins in their body. Some people are also sensitive to their effects. The point is, Shakeology is not "all natural" like many people claim.

I'm sure either of these shakes are more nutritious when you're replacing a high calorie meal, such as the fast food that many people eat for lunch. But that's just because you're eating less calories. If you want to feel fuller, eat a higher amount of protein. If you HAVE to replace a meal, then just use whey protein and milk. Maybe throw a banana (or other fruit) in there. It's just as easy, calorie deficient, and filling--and it doesn't make some kind of super claim about health. I'd rather not supplement at all, of course. Your body will get all the nutrients it needs from whole foods if you eat the right way. Of course, we all get busy sometimes...
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't know about Herbalife but I love Shakeology. Been drinking it for over a year now. Tastes like a chocolate milkshake and makes me feel better.
    I don't always use it as a meal replacement, sometimes it is a snack or post workout
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if I've posted on this topic before....stupid upgrade.

Anyway, save your money.
  • pknjhh
    pknjhh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Dont use either. You will never stay on them forever. Start learning the proper way of nutrition. Using fads to drop weight will only bring it back later if you don't learn how your body reacts to carbs, sugar, protein, fiber, sodium etc.......
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    scoleman58 wrote: »
    Neither dont waste your hard earned money.
    Eat properly and workout.

Easier said than done. Even if you did not have job it would be very difficult to get all the nutrition you need by eating ESPECIALLY if you are working out/exercising. When including extra activities in your day you need more nutrition to supplement what you have used. I currently use a vitamix and EAS shakes. 2 vitamix green drinks a day, EAS meal replacement 90 mins before workout for proper absorption so it is ready to use and EAS myloplex for recovery. I will be trying Herbalife tomorrow or the next day, waiting for my order to come in. why the change? EAS has worked fantastic for me BUT I am looking to go more natural is I can get the same results as with EAS.

""""Even if you did not have job it would be very difficult to get all the nutrition you need by eating ESPECIALLY if you are working out/exercising.""""""

PLEASE....How did my Father and his father before him ever survive without their smorgasbord of vitamix, meal replacement shakes etc. etc. They Worked hard physical labor for 8-12 hours a day. We go to the gym for an hour and think we need all kinds of potions to survive. I not saying these in moderation are bad....just don't agree that its VERY DIFFICULT to meet our nutritional goals by just eating.
    What does having a job have to do with it?????