Question...

Options
I want to know if anyone out there has lost their weight actually sticking to the plan that mfp suggests on this site and not doing anything different like weight watchers, carb reduction, calorie cycling but just sticking to the amount given?

Replies

• AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have...about 110 lbs worth....strickly calorie counting and nothing else...I am unable to excersise due to physical limitations but didnt need to apparently!!
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    I did okay with counting calories, but found I had better weight loss when I had a more structured plan.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think I fall into that category. I have been watcihng my caloric intake and exercising. I don't do any special routines/plans other than my own for food that I've found works for me. I don't watch any one thing specifically (other than doing my best to avoid most junk food), just try to make healthy choices. I lost 2 pounds a week for the first few weeks, then had a rough patch around our birthday "season" but then got back on track and have lost a few more pounds in the past few weeks. Hope this is a helpful answer to you and good luck in your journey!
  • Curmudgeongirl
    Options
    About seven weeks...i lost Eleven lbs so far. I mean sometimes I go over by 50-100 cals, but I eat what I want, just I stay at the 1200 mfp has allotted to me. No other diet, just cal counting.

Good luck.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm strictly MFP and have had a lot of success!
  • preppie84
    Options
    I've had awesome success just sticking to MFP. It's my opinion that creating a calorie deficit, in addition to regular exercise, is the ONLY way to lose weight and not gain it back. It takes the extra mental stress out of the equation. I don't feel deprived -- I still eat foods from each food group, except for sweets and salty snacks -- and I've been doing it for 75 days without a lapse. Because it's so easy. I do have to say though that willpower is key, as with any lifestyle change.
  • AbbyLu
    AbbyLu Posts: 29
    Options
    I lost 9lbs and then thought I could do it on my own so stoped tracking and gained 5 back :( I'm sticking to it this time! I kept my calories under my goal and worked out Mon-Fri, and took active rest days Sat & Sun (long walks with the pup). That is what was working for me so I'm going back to it.
  • ebonyprincess
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone
  • dexter62
    dexter62 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, great question. I also have had an easier time with the weight loss than i expected to just sticking to what mfp suggests. Ive lost 33 lbs since the last week of february (roughly 9 weeks ) around 3,5 pounds a week averaged out. Once I detoxed from all the excess sugar I was eating before i started mfp I was very satisfied with what i can eat. (Actually Ive never lost weight this slowly before, I an extremist of sorts and in the past i would starve myself or go nuts at the gym, drop the weight and a few months after i reached my goal the weight would start coming back on, and i wasnt willing to go the extra mile to get it off again, This time its coming off with just watching calories and some small amounts of exercise (in addition to my allready physical job) and I beleive I can be satisfied eating like this indefinately . bye (dexter62) actually my names Dave, dexters the dog