How to dress while going down multiple sizes: tips and tricks?

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsJane05
    MrsJane05 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 20kgs, and have found that my FOOT is now a full size smaller. I went shopping yesterday, so much fun!!!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of swapping stuff with my younger sister. We're both around the same weight, but I am losing while she is most likely gaining. I get to receive all the stuff that is too small on her, and she receives all the stuff that is too big on me. Unfortunately, we both hate each others' fashion sense.

The Target clearance rack has also been my best friend. If I see something a size or two two small but on sale, I purchase it and can easily use it for next season.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I checked out sears.com, and it is crazy, they have a lot of clothes for 3.99!
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Clearance racks. Lots and lots of clearance racks. Sears has a great clearance section, target occasionally has some nice clearance. I love torrid's clearance section and they constantly have buy one get one 50% off or buy one get one for $1 sales going on.
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you've got a Clothes Mentor near you, I highly recommend it. It's a women's only second-hand store that caters to sizes 0 - 26. I practically live in Clothes Mentor, spend about $100 on each size and have a whole week's worth of work clothes. That's the only way I've been able to get from a 26 to a 16 without being completely destitute all the time. I'm trying to skip 14 on my way to 12, though, so I've warned my colleagues I'll be looking a little raggedy until I get there.

I don't mind looking like a hobo when I'm lounging around at home, so I keep my jeans until they're falling off me. I still have all my ginormous graphic tees, too, but I figure I can wear those forever, right? If no one else has to look at them? lol
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Oooh looks like there's one about 30 minutes away :)
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    kaspatore wrote: »
    New answer I haven't seen on this thread yet- I spent $60 on a sewing machine that came with a how to DVD. I turned my pants inside out and sewed the outside of the leg from mid thigh up. Cut off the excess fabric from the inside and VOILA! Fits again! Did the same for some shirts, too.

That is awesome! I wish I had the time to do that, and sewing is a great skill to have that is dying off.

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I hit up Goodwill for "new" stuff. Just bought a new jeans wardrobe yesterday.
    I like to buy new things when I go down a size because it gives me a more tangible feeling of accomplishment. Otherwise I have a bad tendency to start feeling bad about myself (which is stupid)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try consignment shops as well as Goodwill.