I hate drinking water!

Options
OK, I feel I'm doing quite well with healthy eating and increasing my exercise and my weight loss is about 1-2 pounds per week. But I have a major issue with water......I really don't like drinking it!
I have tried by bringing a large bottle to work and keeping on my desk. Although I did drink it, I had to force myself and it made me miserable.
So is anyone out there having the same issues and has anyone found a way to overcome this?

Replies

• WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Crystal Light in it yet? That helps me sometimes.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    lemon juice does the trick for me. or just a few chunks of lemon for flavor.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I like water as long as it's cold. Try squeezing some lemon into it.
  • bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I also have a lemon and lime juice bottle in my fridge door. I recently discovered a drink mix packet (next to crysal light) called TRUE ORANGE or TRUE LEMON and there may be one other flavor. NO SWEETNESS ADDED......I love them.
  • RadicalCharlie
    RadicalCharlie Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Try drinking <10 calorie drink mixes with your water. That's what I do because water literally makes me gag.

Also, I recently read that sparkling water counts as water too.
  • sw33tn3ss07
    Options
    Crystal light works for me! 5 calories and it taste great
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It was always a struggle for me to drink alot of water but then I started squeezing fresh lemon in my water and it makes a difference for me.
  • tritia
    tritia Posts: 13
    Options
    I used to HATE drinking water and like you, only drank it if I forced myself. What I did was start substituting water for other drinks slowly; for example, when I'd go out to eat, instead of ordering soda, I'd order a glass of water instead. If I was at home, I'd have to tell myself to get water instead of soda/juice/sugary drinks/etc. After a few years, it's become automatic for me to order water when I go out and to have water with my meals. I have cravings for soda sometimes but that craving is quenched after a sip or two.

I also started to enjoy water once I realized how much better I felt and how much weight I was losing.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Wal Mart brand "Great Value" has a TON of tasty 10 cal drink mixes. I use the Metabolism one with Green Tea and Peach. My sons love the acaiberry and cherry lime ade.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    honey and lemon and cinnamon!!!! or just honey and lemon....or make hot tea, add stevia for sweetness....then let it cool and you have iced tea...and you can count it as water intake! And air temperature water is much easier to drink and absorbs in your body better.
    At night i drink hot water with lemon...its like a tea....

DO NOT drink the crystal light crap that everyone is talking about. it tastes good but its bad for you...
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Try drinking <10 calorie drink mixes with your water. That's what I do because water literally makes me gag.

Also, I recently read that sparkling water counts as water too.

I prefer the sparkling water - regular water makes me gag by glass four - but watch out them (sparkling water) as they are high in sodium.
  • pscullari
    Options
    I think that water does not have any taste and therefore hated it. I put lemon or lime juice in the water. Just enough to add some taste and it is great. I use the concentrated that you buy in the store. I tried the crystal light but some of them are so sweet it was worse than water. Hope this helps.
  • steveg80
    steveg80 Posts: 1
    Options
    Gotta say that crystal light is a great alternative to juices, and sports drinks.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    MIO is something you can add to your water. It's only sold at Target right now though. Makes it taste like fruit juice. No calories, no sugar, no sodium. Lots of flavors. Also, there are many carbonated waters out there with zero cals AND zero sodium. They're great!!
  • naturechyld
    Options
    I drink organic green tea with lemon in it. Otherwise, I wouldn't drink any liquids I don't think. I mean to drink water but it rarely happens.

I think I might try the crystal light
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!
    I will try the lemon and lime approach as I have never heard of the crystal light thing (I'm in the UK).
    I guess I'll take it slowly and hopefully introduce some water to my regime
    :-)
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    the MIO drops for water are great because you can adjust to your taste. I get them at Kroger.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I add a sprig of mint to hot water, let it steep, then put it in the fridge. If I don't have fresh mint, I buy peppermint herbal tea ( no actual tea in it, just mint) and drink it hot or cold.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I cant believe so many people are suggesting crystal light. It has fake sugar---bad for you... it has salt---helps u retain weight... it has caffeine--depletes water in your body.

I also cant believe that people are suggesting tea without mentioning a key factor---TEA DEHYDRATES YOUR SYSTEM if it is not decaf tea---green tea is generally caffeinated...helps ur metabolism & has tons of antioxidants, but it is not to be a replacement of water... for every cup u drink, be prepared to drink 1 more cup of water! If u find a DECAF tea, and decaf only, with no added sugar or fake sugar, or nothing along those lines---then, and only then, can it be counted as water in take.

Coffee/Pop/Crystal light/Tea, etc dehydrate your system--anything with caffeine...
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I cant believe so many people are suggesting crystal light. It has fake sugar---bad for you... it has salt---helps u retain weight... it has caffeine--depletes water in your body.

I also cant believe that people are suggesting tea without mentioning a key factor---TEA DEHYDRATES YOUR SYSTEM if it is not decaf tea---green tea is generally caffeinated...helps ur metabolism & has tons of antioxidants, but it is not to be a replacement of water... for every cup u drink, be prepared to drink 1 more cup of water! If u find a DECAF tea, and decaf only, with no added sugar or fake sugar, or nothing along those lines---then, and only then, can it be counted as water in take.

Coffee/Pop/Crystal light/Tea, etc dehydrate your system--anything with caffeine...

When I drink tea, its always decaff. This is mainly due to the number of headahes I used to get. Does this mean with the 4 cups I drink each day, it goes towards my water intake as I have never heard this before?