Hello from the cheese head state!

Options
Hi everyone!
I signed up for this service quite some time ago, and am now just getting back to it. I live in Wisconsin, where cheese & beer are an essential food group all their own. I am looking to gradually lose weight so my knees won't hurt. I am a librarian by trade, and will be presenting this site to a group of nursing & health sciences faculty next week as part of "Appy Hour" (demo & discuss mobile health & medical apps).

Support would be welcome & reciprocated! :D

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I lived in Wisconsin years ago... butter and cheese are still two of my favorite food groups. I will actually be travelling to Wisconsin this weekend. Welcome back to MFP...
  • alpacalypsia
    alpacalypsia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Although I'm studying in New York now, I grew up in southeastern Wisconsin. Feel free to friend me!!
  • mandakittykitty
    mandakittykitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ah Wisconsin, the land of beer, brats, and cheese...it's so hard to avoid! Especially for me, I go to a lot of Badger and Packer games this time of year. Feel free to friend me!
  • rtvandenbark
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • korkyrn
    korkyrn Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey if your a Packer Fan your a friend of mine. I live just north of you in the good ol UP!!! Brats and beer and cheese curds are a must on Packer Sundays.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm a Minnesota expat to SE Wisconsin! The cheese & beer sure do flow a little more over here!
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Always welcoming towards a Wisconsinite. And Welcome back to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Born and raised Wisconsinite here! My blood runs green and gold and deep fried cheese curds are my kryptonite. :)
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Born & raised in Wisconsin! Been living in TN for 5-1/2 years now. Welcome back to MFP.
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cat and I was born and raised in Wisconsin, and went to school in the UP at NMU. So I, too, completely understand the beer & cheese & brats thing. Currently living in Utah which has the most archaic liquor laws in the nation, as you may have heard.

In my case, I need to get a better handle on my nutrition. I eat well, but too much, I suppose. I've just joined a gym after not working out for a year. We do Hi Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) which is hard, but quick. And today I took my first-ever Spin Class; Boy, was that tough for an old gal like me (I'm 54).

Hey, wasn't that a great game last Thursday at Lambeau?

Go Pack!