High Protein, Low Calorie snack and meal ideas needed...One can only eat so much meat and cheese

Options
KimE41
KimE41 Posts: 13 Member
edited October 2014 in Recipes
Does anybody have any recipes or snack ideas that they want to share? I'd love to try something new. Afraid that if all I have in my arsenal is meat and cheese, staying on track is going to be a long hard road.

Replies

• Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Veggies and fruit. Nuts and berries. Air Popped popcorn. yogurt mixed with a tablespoon of peanut butter (yum BTW). there is so much. If you want to look at my diary you can. It is open.
  • KimE41
    KimE41 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Will definitely have to take a peek. Thanks!
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    When I'm looking for protein dense food, I typically go egg whites or greek yogurt.
  • danagolding
    Options
    -Greek yogurt mixed with: jam, protein powder, or fruit
    -Apple slices dipped in Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and either protein powder or honey
    -Nuts and raisins
    -Jerky and string cheese
    -Turkey and cheese roll ups
    -Cottage cheese with a tsp. of honey, cinnamon, and 1/2 of a chopped up apple
    -Cottage cheese on a rice cake
    -Tuna mixed with cottage cheese or 1/4-1/2 of an avocado. Eat it on celery sticks
    -Hummus and veggies
    -Hard boiled egg
    -Eggs and/or egg whites scrambled with cottage cheese
    -Oatmeal with any of the following mix-ins: Greek yogurt, peanut butter, protein powder, and believe it or not egg whites!
    -Banana and peanut butter, either plain, on toast, or on a rice cake
    -Glass of milk or chocolate milk (for extra protein add protein powder)

-I just learned about pea protein powder supposedly you get about 8-10 grams per tsp. and it doesn't effect flavor or texture so it is great as an add-in in many, many things (I'm going to check this out)
    -Of course chicken is a great source of protein and I have several delicious recipes. Let me know if you want me to send a few.
  • berkayaliulker
    Options
    make protein icecream.

0% fat greek yoghurt +some milk +protein powder +berries
    mix
    freeze
    eat
  • rageginger
    rageginger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eggs and/or egg whites scrambled with cottage cheese

Possibly a stupid question: Do you scramble the cottage cheese as the eggs are cooking, or add it afterward to your eggs?

• danagolding
    Options
    Not a stupid question and either way would work. I personally scramble the cottage cheese as the eggs are cooking. It makes the eggs fluffier and a little cheesy and you don't taste the 'cottage cheese taste'.
  • rageginger
    rageginger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank you!
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Vegan protein muffins:
    1.5 cup vital wheat gluten (wheat protein, unless you are actually allergic, go ahead and continue)
    1/4 cup cinnamon
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1 cup water
    1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (or any chips)

Bake at 350 for ~40 minutes.
    I've split mine into 9 muffin tins. ~90 calories and ~10g protein.