Learning to Invest in Myself...

Options
Hello! My name is Jordyn, and I created this account a while ago in another failed attempt to find accountability. I'm starting over again because yesterday I got the unpleasant news that I am a type 2 diabetic. It's hard for me to even type out. I spent many years in denial that my weight problem wasn't that bad, but now I HAVE to acknowledge that it's definitely rock bottom. I have so much to love about my life- a wonderful & supportive boyfriend, a loving & crazy family, living in a beautiful beach side community, a job that is meaningful and my super adorable fur baby, Ruby. I turned to MFP because my boyfriend lost over 100 lbs using the message boards/ tracking/ app. I'm hoping to find the same success in shedding this Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis, and hopefully losing between 75-90lbs.

Replies

• xtinalee17
    xtinalee17 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Awesome to see your bf had such success. If you are looking for support and friends feel to add me.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step- acknowledging you need to make changes. How great that you have a supportive partner too. Scary health diagnosis' are sometimes what we need to make real changes. I love MFP- if you work it, it will work. :) Good luck and welcome.

13042836.png
  • staceymarie1971
    Options
    Don't stress too much...I know everyone has a different situation but after I dropped 100lbs (before I started MFP) I was able to control my sugar without taking Metformin any longer...been that way for about 5 years now...You can do this...ONE day at a time. Feel free to add me : )
  • Dumbbell69
    Dumbbell69 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm here to help. Feel free to add me
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Hi Jordyn. Coming to terms with a diabetes diagnosis is difficult, and I give you a lot of credit for using this to springboard healthy changes that will lead to weight loss. You're making an excellent start! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hello Jordyn! I admire you for taking charge of your life. I see many of my patients in denial, and their health worsens over time. Good for you for leaping forward into health. :) Please feel free to add me!
  • JordynJ83
    JordynJ83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!! The first 5 days have been great!
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP! :)

Be consistent, stay positive, & take baby steps.

I think our human nature often leads us to make big bold drastic changes to yield results the quickest. However, I've personally found that the key to evolving this health journey into a genuine lifestyle change is to make incremental small changes over time. Eventually these changes will just be intertwined into our new way of living and the seamless life-morph is wonderful, easy, & ever lasting. <3

I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes before I was motivated to make a REAL change. I haven't looked back since!

Best of luck to you!
  • lizzie14115
    lizzie14115 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello, i'm Catrina,
    relatively new, but really enjoying being part of the MFP community, been so supportive!
    I hear your determination. You CAN do this, join us, and we can go on the journey together...please add me as your pal x
  • ballardf
    ballardf Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jordyn!! I am also a type 2 diabetic and know the struggle. You can overcome this and get healthier. I made the mistake of being in denial of my diabetes and the effects were horrible. Now my blood sugars are under control and, so far, 19 pounds thinner since August 1st. I joined MFP in September and its been great. Good luck!!
  • ballardf
    ballardf Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also echo what sushi549 said!!!
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    ballardf wrote: »
    I also echo what sushi549 said!!!

awww (*)