Numbers on scale

Options
Hi all - I always struggle with the numbers on the scale. I know muscle weighs more then fat, BBBUUUUTTTTT, I've been more consistent then ever, and only lost 1 pound in a week. You'd think when you are dying at 3 workouts in a week, you'd be losing more then that. Just need the encouragement to keep going.

Replies

• melissab071475
    Options
    Keep going! 3 workouts a week is great. You will lose more, just stay positive. Review your food diary after a week and see if there is anything you can tweak.
    Good Luck to you!
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is a perfectly healthy rate! I usually only recommend for people to lose 1-2lbs a week. And 3 workouts a week is great! dont be afraid to make that 5 though. :smile: keep up the great work
  • pixie5126
    Options
    Thank you so much for the help guys.....This week starts my 5th week and it helps to have the support.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I wish I could lose a pound a week! ;) Weight loss is not linear, unfortunately. Water retention will sometimes cause the numbers to be all over the place. Hard workouts, the time of the month and even how much sodium you had yesterday will affect how much water your body is holding. Don't worry too much about it. As long as the trend is consistently downward you're doing great!
  • Solar_Cat
    Solar_Cat Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it takes more than a few days or a few weeks to establish a trend. That said, here's a site I recently found that uses some tricky math to try to show your "real" weight based on daily weigh-ins: WeighTracker. It's free, and I'm not affiliated in any way. I just enjoy their charts.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    working out and getting fit is different from losing pounds or weight. Now, working out will make you smaller, stronger…and more healthy. So, see how silly it is to let the number on the scale bother you? I read it all the time on here.. people training for a marathon or working out real hard…the weight stalls as the body builds and strengthen.
    I suggest maybe not weighing and try on tight pants once a week and measure to monitor your progress in a positive way.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is a standard loss, and going by your ticker you don't have much to lose, which makes it that much better!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is a healthy, sustainable rate of weight loss. Exercise will not result in faster weight loss unless you are controlling food intake and creating a caloric deficit with your exercise. E.g. if you need 2000 calories without exercise to maintain your weight and you eat 2000 calories, you maintain. If you work out and thus burn 2400 calories and eat 2000 calories still, you will lose weight. But many people will increase how much they eat while working out, or will eat like a bird and eff with their metabolism, and not see results.

It's all about eating less food than your body needs to maintain its weight.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    It takes time - No rush!!!

1 LB = 3,500 calories

Calories in v's calories out.

Keep logging, keep at it - It will come off - Be patient :smiley:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is awesome, especially since you don't have much to lose.
  • pixie5126
    Options
    You guys are fantastic! Thank you of reminding me of some things.
    I really like the idea of using clothes and not a scale.