Height question??

Options
Should I call myself 5' 1" or 5' 2" on here? My mom measured me with our measuring tape today and said I'm actually between the 5' 1.5" and 5' 2" mark. I want to calculate my BMI correctly, so since I'm still under 5' 2" should I say I'm 5' 1"? Or just round up?

Replies

• aml17
    aml17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would round to whatever number you're closer to.. you're closer to the 5'2 than 5'1. I'm 5'10 3/4 and I always round up.. that's just what I would do though.
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I round up to 5'6" also :)
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    you look fairly young, so I would round up. I am 5'4" 1/2 but I am also 42 years old. I know I will eventually shrink, so I entered in 5'4"
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i use my exact height when looking at my bmi using the tools here... 5 7.25"
    that 1/4" means my 'dividing line' between obese and 'just overweight' is 2 pounds higher so that matters to me!... i had originally rounded down to 5' 7".. but not anymore *L*
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Try to put 5 Feet 1.75 Inches. I am pretty sure i put mine as 5 Feet and 11.5 Inches.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    when i was 11, i was 5'11"... that was the last time i was my goal weight.. but now that ive gotten wider, i only register at 5'9, maybe 5'10... have a shrunk, or is my body just slouching do to all this weight? IDK but i put in 5'10 cuz i dont want to think about maybe im shrinking.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I would round up!
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Just go to 'Tools' on myfitnesspal page. Select BMR calculator. Put your Height as 5 Feet 1.75 Inches and you will get the correct value of your BMR. Problem Solved.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I think I might just round up, because I DO have bad posture right now... I'm trying to correct that but I naturally stand a little slouched, which I think is why people thought I was shorter before... But when I stand up straight, I'm really close to 5' 2", so I guess that's my real height... Thanks for the input, everyone!
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I would round up to 5'2 since you are only a quart of a inch off and the BMI doesn't do half inches
  • kat33321
    kat33321 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm between 5'9" and 5'10" but I round down just in case :)