Hello, are there any interesting foods that help you to lose 20lbs. thanks.

Options
;) I would like to lose an extra 20lbs any ideas.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Eating less than you consume (regardless of content) will help you lose weight. But you want to choose foods that will meet your macro/micro nutrient profile that keeps you essentially healthy and stay within the calorie restriction you need to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    One food isn't going to help you lose 20lbs, tons of interesting healthy foods...my current obsession is spaghetti squash...but by no means is eating spaghetti squash going to make you lose weight.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 40lbs and I eat anything I want, so long as it is in my calorie goals. I eat ice cream almost daily.
  • Butter87Bean
    Options
    Make small habit changes in your diet. Replace soda with water, or breakfast with 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Just make one change to your daily eating routine, and your body will reflect the positive habit within two weeks or so. Then after you see what happens with the first change, change something else.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 40lbs and I eat anything I want, so long as it is in my calorie goals. I eat ice cream almost daily.

This (almost 60) and I eat anything I want too...I eat chocolate daily.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a "good food" to help you lose 20 pounds. That being said, I have a few staples that have helped me because I love them and ate them a lot instead of others. It's different for everyone though. For me: cottage cheese with berries, red leaf lettuce and red cabbage as a salad base, and ground turkey. Just find your things.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    tauruse wrote: »
    ;) I would like to lose an extra 20lbs any ideas.

Lolwut?

According to the Calories In Calories Out crowd, every food on the planet will help you lose weight, so eat whatever you want. It's only how much you eat that matters.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    there is this magic food called eat less than you consume…I believe it is at 100% of grocery stores…
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Eat a lot of escolar.

The best part is that it's an amazingly delicious slice of fish.
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've lost 164lb eating pretty much what I want, when I want.... I ensure it fits into my calorie allowance every day and exercise daily to ensure I can have some extra calories (if they're needed) so I never go hungry.

xXx
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Eat a lot of escolar.

The best part is that it's an amazingly delicious slice of fish.

where do you find escolar that isnt a sushi restaurant... i LOVE it...

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Read this link.

Especially section 2.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    All the foods. I eat all the foods to lose 20lbs.
  • bentrop
    bentrop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, there is no miracle food. It's all about caloric deficit. There is nothing else to it.

With enough dedication, you can gain weight by eating nothing but salads and you can lose 27 pounds by eating nothing but Twinkies:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

But if I had to choose one "miracle food" that will help you lose weight better than any other it's:

Water

Don't drink anything else, there is no point in drinking your calories and all those diet sodas will keep conditioning your body to crave "sweet" and you'll end up eating more sugar and carbs than you otherwise would.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Everyone's said it, but yeah, whatever you want as long as you hit your calorie goals. I try to make sure I budget my day around a few low-cal, nutritionally dense meals of lean proteins, whole grains and fresh veg, and once I have those numbers locked in, everything else is fair game. Oh, what's this? I have 400 calories left over and the cute girl in processing baked sugar cookies? Let's do this!

It's a glorious way to live. The number of "but I thought you were on a diet!!" comments I get, jesus.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    Raw meat shakes have helped thousands lose weight, maybe try that.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I hear ipecac works well for extreme weight loss plans.

But seriously, yeah what everyone else said that suggested reasonable ideas.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Interesting?

What??
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ex-lax, choclate ones
    not really - NOBODY DO THIS.
    Unless you, you know, have a blockage