Energy Drinks Before a Workout

Options
2»

Replies

• kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    There is actually a class action lawsuit against Red Bull right now for false advertising. The plaintiff alleges that the promises of increased performance didn't pan out. They settled, so no admission of wrongdoing, but I find it interesting. Plus, that much caffeine in one shot may not be good for you; there are teens who have died from it. I'd have the shakes if I drank that much caffeine in one shot.
  • SamanthaKersul
    SamanthaKersul Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I take half an Advocare muscle fuel before my workouts and drink Spark {another Advocare product} during my workouts. I know not everybody needs/benefits from them but they really help me stay focused and motivated. I also push myself further than I would normally without the burst of energy. I enjoy it, but again, not for everybody.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I take half an Advocare muscle fuel before my workouts and drink Spark {another Advocare product} during my workouts. I know not everybody needs/benefits from them but they really help me stay focused and motivated. I also push myself further than I would normally without the burst of energy. I enjoy it, but again, not for everybody.

I have actually done the Adovcare thing a couple times. I like the Spark a lot, but I don't really notice an increase of energy from it... more just an increase of focus.
  • kducky22
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your input! Sounds like it's really an individual preference..
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Negative here, I gym in the a.m. and no stimulant is needed.
  • TheCurvyJ
    TheCurvyJ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with needing a boost. If you need it, find the best option for you! Sometimes I have a cup of coffee, sometimes I use Amino Energy Blend. I also work out after work and my sleep hasn't suffered. I start drinking around 4 or 4:30 and am working out by 5:30 or 6. A nice burst of energy, I work, I go home, I have a snack or something light, I am OUT for the night by around 10:30 or 11.
  • kducky22
    Options
    TheCurvyJ wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with needing a boost. If you need it, find the best option for you! Sometimes I have a cup of coffee, sometimes I use Amino Energy Blend. I also work out after work and my sleep hasn't suffered. I start drinking around 4 or 4:30 and am working out by 5:30 or 6. A nice burst of energy, I work, I go home, I have a snack or something light, I am OUT for the night by around 10:30 or 11.

Thanks for your input!! I feel like you and I have the same schedules!