Time for Change

Gonzawr
Gonzawr Posts: 25
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
I am not new to training, diet, and exercise. However I recently started having issues with knees, sleep apnea, plantar fachittis, and overall sluggish fatigue all attributed to being a 306 lb powerlifter. I am not the big pot bellied powerlifting type if you saw me you would not think I was over 300 lbs. but I still have been carrying too much weight for my body to handle and my body is letting me know about it. I am not new to diet like I said before but I am new to weight loss diet, cardio, and what it takes to drop some serious weight.

I am trying to keep my all of my muscle and lose the excess BF which can prove to be very tricky with balancing protein intake with watching calories at the same time and too much cardio causing strength lose without proper nutrition and rest so in closing I am here to hopefully learn a few things and be supportive to others fighting this battle as well.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Gonzawr
    Also i am looking to drop to about 250lbs! So a 50-60 pound hike!
  • brooke_g0501
    brooke_g0501 Posts: 66 Member
    Welcome! My bf started at about 330lbs, he's 6'2. He found this site about 2 months ago and has lost around 30lbs already! He finds it very helpful. I decided to start it as well, even though I dont have much to lose, I'm 5'2 and started this about 45 days ago, weighing 118. I'm down to 108.8. and probably do not really need to lose anymore, just toning now!! Good luck!
  • Gonzawr
    Welcome! My bf started at about 330lbs, he's 6'2. He found this site about 2 months ago and has lost around 30lbs already! He finds it very helpful. I decided to start it as well, even though I dont have much to lose, I'm 5'2 and started this about 45 days ago, weighing 118. I'm down to 108.8. and probably do not really need to lose anymore, just toning now!! Good luck!

Awesome for your BF, thats impressive weight lose!! And congrats on getting the little weight you to get rid of off of you. Yeah toning up is a hard road as well. Probably harder then the initial weight lose (depending on the amount), but all you need is drive!!!
  • Gonzawr
    Closed my log for the day!! Good first day!!!

Daily Goal:1980 calories Actual: 1851 Calories
This discussion has been closed.