Failing insanity??

Options
13»

Replies

• quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You did NOT fail! Take it at your own pace, keep going, DIG DEEP. I know it's much easier said than done, but whether it's insanity, P90x, etc, the only way you're going to get through is if you stick with it. You can do it :)
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It does get easier, but never easy if that makes sense. I just started my third round a few weeks ago. This time I'm alternating with T25 Gamma though so not pure Insanity.

When I first started I had to take breaks during the warmup. Now I can go all the way through the first circuit with no extra breaks besides the ones Sean gives you, and only one or two 15 second breaks the rest of the way through. This is after 9 months of working out though, two rounds of Insanity and one of T25.

It's tough so nobody should feel bad about needing to stop, or even finding something else if it's too hard or causing pain. For working out to be successful, it should be fun. At least that's what's worked for me. If you're not having fun with your workout, find one that you can have fun with. That way you keep coming back.
  • cameragirlla
    cameragirlla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've done it about 4 times now, and its still tough. I have a bad knee, and I am in ok shape. I worked through some of the harder plyo stuff with modifications. and stop for water when I need it. The workout is meant to be hard, and even now after 4 rounds there are days and moves I can not do. It is a workout that requires you to be mentally tough, and if you just accept that you will need to take the break, grab water or press pause, as long as you finish the workout for the day I feel like that is success in itself. You also need to modify your diet with this workout and eat a little more due to the intensity levels, otherwise you will be too fatigued to get through the workouts each day.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Insanity is insanely hard, but I love it. I personally do not follow the prescribed schedule. I tried but was not able to keep up. I started doing an every other day ex: M-W-F. On Tu-Th, I would go running/walking/cycling/yoga. I would absolutely recommend taking a rest day every week. In the beginning I took more than 1 rest day a week until my body got adjusted.
  • Musclepowerman
    Options
    Thanks yeah I had a go at one of the insanity classes in the gym the instructor was tough and she had me on my knees within 10 minutes I just couldn't keep up with her or complete it
  • Smiley0514
    Options
    I have completed insanity 3 times and have done other programs. I loved insanity because if you were into sports, it reminded me of practices in high school. I struggled with certain moves and needed breaks every time I have done the program. You just have to push yourself to the limits you can handle. Just because you have to modify, doesn't mean you failed or aren't giving it your all. Just push through the entire series to see any results. Please, please don't focus on the scale. Focus on how your clothes fit. I go up in weight, but lose inches. Put the scale away for a month and just see how you FEEL. We all get so stuck on that number, when we really shouldn't all. If you don't like insanity, try chalean extreme. This one was a lot more fun and had some good laughs trying all the crazy moved. Don't give up and just push forward! I'm here if anyone needs a friend to count on!!
  • Musclepowerman
    Options
    Smiley0514 wrote: »
    I have completed insanity 3 times and have done other programs. I loved insanity because if you were into sports, it reminded me of practices in high school. I struggled with certain moves and needed breaks every time I have done the program. You just have to push yourself to the limits you can handle. Just because you have to modify, doesn't mean you failed or aren't giving it your all. Just push through the entire series to see any results. Please, please don't focus on the scale. Focus on how your clothes fit. I go up in weight, but lose inches. Put the scale away for a month and just see how you FEEL. We all get so stuck on that number, when we really shouldn't all. If you don't like insanity, try chalean extreme. This one was a lot more fun and had some good laughs trying all the crazy moved. Don't give up and just push forward! I'm here if anyone needs a friend to count on!!

I've made it through 10 mins so far at the class in the gym, the instructor was very tough and she kept pushing me until I felt faint, I couldn't complete the rest of the workout, what do you think I should do?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I didn't finish even month 1 and I don't feel like a failure. I have low back issues and had to turn the ab workout off after about 4 minutes. But the cardio and plyo workouts burn tons of calories and are doable for me (with tons of breaks) and I like them, so they're in my DVD pile and they never yell at me "DONT PLAY ME YOU QUIT THE PROGRAM" so I think they're ok with it.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't quit, it is a hard program but imagine how you will feel once you are able to get even farther the next time without a break! Take a longer break (pause the dvd however many times you need) or you could do every other day instead of everyday to give yourself a chance to recover more. Make it your own, you don't have to follow it to the letter, no one is going to start off where those people ended. Remember all those people that are doing it (and are completely tired and falling over by the end) have already finished the program. You can do it! :)
  • ba502
    ba502 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity the beginning of September, and although I had to pause often during every single workout, it did get easier as time went on. For me the best record of my progress was the regular fit tests. Every time I finished one I was sure there was no way my numbers could improve, but each and every time there was higher numbers on the fit test.
  • Musclepowerman
    Options
    Would you say to do the class or the dvd? What is the fit test? Maybe I should try that? How do you think i'll get on?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Smiley0514 wrote: »

I've made it through 10 mins so far at the class in the gym, the instructor was very tough and she kept pushing me until I felt faint, I couldn't complete the rest of the workout, what do you think I should do?

break when you need to- but don't quit just do the best you can- you don't need to keep up with her.
  • Musclepowerman
    Options
    Thank you will try again soon, us bodybuilders are super fit :smiley: