Just wanted to stop in and say hello!

Options
Hello everyone!!! New to this whole "myfitnesspal.com" thing, but very excited to see what the future holds. I have recently decided that I needed a little help with dieting since I found out last year that I'm borderline Type 2 Diabetic. I decided to enroll in a medically supervised weight loss program to get my life back on track, feel better about myself, and most importantly, improve my health :smiley:

Replies

• rlwilson1967
    rlwilson1967 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just dx'd as Pre - diabetic also, so I know where you are coming from! Here is to our health!
    -
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP! :)

Nothing like a little diabetes threat to lite a fire under us aye? (My proverbial swift kick was being diagnosed pre-diabetic)

Best of luck to you!
  • pamcris
    pamcris Posts: 47 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes during both of my pregnancies, which increases the risks of developing type 2 in the future, added to the fact that I'm Hispanic which already puts me in danger of having diabetes.

I've been working hard for the past 10 months to get healthy and in shape, and really, I haven't felt this good in years!

Hope you can reach your goals! Good luck!