Mini Success with a pic....

Options
I have been a member on MFP for a couple of years. I never took it seriously. I knew I was getting heavier but I was busy. Kids, husband, friends, work, house...the typical reasons we all ignore ourselves.

This June I went to visit my mother and she took pictures. And sent them to me. What I saw almost made me cry. Then the following week I couldn't find anything to wear. Nothing in the closet would fit.

That moment I made a decision. I was either going to walk around like the Stay-Puff man in the clothes I already own or I was going to do something about it. I refused to buy the next size up.

Start date-June 28
Height 6'1'
Weight 318 (heaviest ever, even 9 months pregnant with second child was less!)
Shirt 3X
Pant 24-26

Today-Oct 10
Height 6'1"
Weight 268 (still many more to go!)
Shirt XL
Pant 18

I spent a lot of time being in everyone else's lives but have now learned that I can't truly be there for them unless I am here for me. I am running (OK, quickly shuffling my feet), starting to strength train and have my first 5K coming up on November 27. Life is good.

I hope in another year I will be able to post another success when I hit my goal of 175. Thanks for letting me share!

Replies

• BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This is great! I did my first 5K last weekend and ran the WHOLE thing...I sold myself short, thinking I'd probably do a combination of walking and running, but I ran the whole thing. I thankfully had friends with me who are more avid runners and were MAJOR encouragers the whole way, but being able to do this for the first time in my life was a pretty epic feeling. You got this! Keep it up!!
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up! Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    wow you are tall! Congratulations you are looking great.
  • emailme178
    emailme178 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks for the share and keep up the good work :)
  • nina07111
    nina07111 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Don't sell yourself short.. this is not a "mini" success, 50 lbs is great success! Congratulations!
  • mooms510
    mooms510 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Good luck on your 5K you will do great!
  • meg091380
    Options
    fobs13 wrote: »
    wow you are tall! Congratulations you are looking great.

I think being tall is what helped me get where I was. No one ever believed I was as heavy as I was be cause "you're tall, you can carry it better."

Thanks all. This has been a very eye opening adventure!
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl!!
  • wjelly
    wjelly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    nina07111 wrote: »
    Don't sell yourself short.. this is not a "mini" success, 50 lbs is great success! Congratulations!

Just what I was thinking, brilliant effort!
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! And now is a great time to do strength training. You probably have significant strength from carrying your frame as it was. You can keep that strength and make even better progress by retaining the lean muscle.
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    GREAT progress!! Congrats on your many successes! :)
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    You're doing GREAT!
  • DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Super job!
  • meg091380
    Options
    Thank you so much. Who new that the "friends" here would make all the difference in my success. All of your words of encouragement are so helpful in keeping my eye on the prize!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!