Runner's Problems

Options
medlaura
medlaura Posts: 282 Member
edited October 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
What are the struggles only runners know about?

I have One: KEYS! (Only because i don't have a pocket big enough to hold my giant key chain)

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Wondering if you have enough time to drop a squat and pee before the next car comes along.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    medlaura wrote: »
    What are the struggles only runners know about?

I have One: KEYS!
    How are keys a struggle? It's not like you're a nudist or anything?
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    JTick wrote: »
    Wondering if you have enough time to drop a squat and pee before the next car comes along.
    How far are you running that you have to stop to pee?
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

Half marathons, any other questions?

• JTick
    Options

Apparently, farther than you've ever run. Boom.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

i've done two half marathons and a number of triathlons... with the exception of my first olympic distance tri, i didn't stop to pee for any of them.

finished and immediately had to pee? that's a different story.
  • a_stronger_me13
    Options

i've done two half marathons and a number of triathlons... with the exception of my first olympic distance tri, i didn't stop to pee for any of them.

Cool story. Different strokes for different folks. I take a pee break once or twice during half marathons. I don't see why it seems so absurd for someone to stop and pee on training runs or during races.
  • _Waffle_
    Options

I've done a few 18s and a 20 without stopping to pee. 16 last weekend. Didn't stop to pee. Go before you run and don't guzzle water like a camel during the run.

• JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I end up having to stop and pee when I have not stayed properly hydrated in the days leading up to a long run. I try and get a lot of water in that morning or the day I am running and it goes right through me. I have also peed myself on multiple occassions during races - I'm told this is exclusive to women as a problem though.
  • JTick
    Options

I've done a few 18s and a 20 without stopping to pee. 16 last weekend. Didn't stop to pee. Go before you run and don't guzzle water like a camel during the run.

tumblr_lysulzvpft1qze8luo1_500.jpg
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options

WOW...
  • _Waffle_
    Options

Cool story. Different strokes for different folks. I take a pee break once or twice during half marathons. I don't see why it seems so absurd for someone to stop and pee on training runs or during races.
    Not on a training run but during an actual race?

9l1p6hnzqrputn7v45l2ksavp.500x280x24.gif
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    am i the only one laughing that this has quite literally become a pissing contest??
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You try pushing two kids out of your groin and see whether you need the occasional potty break.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Keys are an issue? Do you not have pockets? Serious question, I've just recently found out a lot of girls clothes don't have pockets which makes NO SENSE AT ALL! Maybe get a necklace?

For me it's keeping my shoes from getting smelly and waiting for my sweat-drenched clothes to dry out before I can put them in the laundry basket. I sweat a lot, it's no fun. TMI?
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    At any rate people stop to pee when then go to the food court in the mall. This isn't a runner's problem exactly.
  • a_stronger_me13
    Options

Not on a training run but during an actual race?

9l1p6hnzqrputn7v45l2ksavp.500x280x24.gif

I'm slow I guess. I am not going to place even close to the top of my age group even so if I have to pee, I pee. Again, I dont see why it's so ridiculous for someone to stop to pee, training or racing.

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Man… people on MFP will argue about anything.
    “My pee is better than your pee!!”
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    my issue, with long runs 10miles + is the sudden and painful urge to poo near the end.....TMI but I don't have to pee
  • mckaytobe
    mckaytobe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I often feel like I've peed myself but that's just sweaty undies...