Runner's Problems

Options

Replies

• lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a mean blister on my big toe right now.

also since everyone's talking about peeing, I can't be the only one that has to do number 2 as soon as I get back from a really long run.

TMI, sorry.
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options

also since everyone's talking about peeing, I can't be the only one that has to do number 2 as soon as I get back from a really long run.

TMI, sorry.

oh no I hear you and feel you
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Nipple chaffing and monkey butt. :s
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Your poo waiting until you're on mile 5 before deciding "OH! It's time for you to go!"
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

TMI, sorry.

Now you're talking. That and missing toenails are a real problem. I had two last year from running in wet shoes. Then again it wasn't a big deal unless I was wearing flip-flops to the pool and people would get grossed out by it. LOL
  • mckaytobe
    mckaytobe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »

What's monkey butt??
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

TMI, sorry.

Now you're talking. That and missing toenails are a real problem. I had two last year from running in wet shoes. Then again it wasn't a big deal unless I was wearing flip-flops to the pool and people would get grossed out by it. LOL

I've never lost a toenail.

And I have to pee constantly, but that's just life for me, I guess. I need to pee right now, but I just went 10 minutes ago and I'm pretty sure my coworkers will think I'm weird if I go to the bathroom again.

• mckaytobe
    mckaytobe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    On a less gross note...when running in winter in the run I get chaffing under my armpit where my wet top/bra rubs. I don't notice it too much til after my run/when I get in the shower. It is red raw. ouchy!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    LoraF83 wrote: »

TMI, sorry.

And I have to pee constantly, but that's just life for me, I guess. I need to pee right now, but I just went 10 minutes ago and I'm pretty sure my coworkers will think I'm weird if I go to the bathroom again.

I've never lost a toenail either. Not sure if that means I'm not a real runner....or if I'm just smart enough to get shoes that fit.

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options

TMI, sorry.

Losing my first toenail as we speak. Yuck.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    mckaytobe wrote: »
    McCloud33 wrote: »

What's monkey butt??

keep running
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    You try pushing two kids out of your groin and see whether you need the occasional potty break.

Yes.

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    JTick wrote: »

TMI, sorry.

I've never lost a toenail either. Not sure if that means I'm not a real runner....or if I'm just smart enough to get shoes that fit.

I don't think it's a shoe fit issue. I have friends that get fitted at the same local shop that I do (so I know they're doing it right) and they've lost toenails. *shrug* I think it just happens to some people and not others.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    am i the only one laughing that this has quite literally become a pissing contest??

lol not the only one..very common, runner struggle lol
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Wondering if you have enough time to drop a squat and pee before the next car comes along.
    How far are you running that you have to stop to pee?

Every 2 or so miles as a matter of fact. Thank god I don't drink anything for about 4 hours before running or it would be more frequently.

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

TMI, sorry.

I don't think it's a shoe fit issue. I have friends that get fitted at the same local shop that I do (so I know they're doing it right) and they've lost toenails. *shrug* I think it just happens to some people and not others.

There are also ways to adjust the lacing to help get the pressure off the toes. I did have to go through several pairs of shoes before I found one with the right size toe box...if I had purchased one of the other pairs, I'm sure I'd be losing toenails left and right.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

TMI, sorry.

The problem I have is when I'm running in the rain my feet get soaked and having all the room in the world doesn't help when your foot slides forward and hits the end of your shoe. Long runs around 16 miles in the rain caused both of my black toenails. They never actually came off. They just turned black and the nail looked much thicker than the others from the pressure of the broken blood vessels.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just lost a toenail myself. Not a shoe issue, it was an issue with my nail being too long when I did a long run.

Oh and runner's trots. TMI I know but seriously. They drive me nuts.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    People who don't have the common sense and courtesy to control their dogs and keep them on leashes.
  • meg091380
    Options
    I'm not a real runner cause I have to pee just reading these, still have 10 toenails, never run the poo out of myself or had monkey butt!! I do turn red like I'm going in to a heat stroke though and people constantly ask me if I'm ok!! I admit, I do look rough afterwards!!