TMI sorry! vomiting and running?

Options
2»

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Throwing up is far less interesting than pooping. It would've been better to read bout pooping,

I wonder if any runner ever had to run into the woods to let the poop go. I bet it's happened.

Have come REALLY CLOSE...very uncomfortable feeling.

• mad_lifting_runner
    mad_lifting_runner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Throwing up is far less interesting than pooping. It would've been better to read bout pooping,

I wonder if any runner ever had to run into the woods to let the poop go. I bet it's happened.

I came VERY close yesterday on mile 3 of what was supposed to be a 5 miler; felt like my entire body was about to fall out through my as*cough*le.

Ran home instead...gravity didn't help matters much at all. Glad I made it. :neutral_face:

• Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Actually, yes, Kalikel, I have had the poop issue while running and so have others I ran with. I will admit it, there are some unglamorous parts of exercising.
    Most common was bladder issues.

It generally involved a pit stop, and doing your business and then running fast to catch up.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're not pushing yourself too hard, and if you aren't, then look into hypoglycemia. I get really nauseous and dizzy after I run unless I eat some sugar.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    haha, Oh yeah vomiting has happened, twice. :confounded: I just ran away from the puddle.
    But that was how I found out I can't eat anything before a run.
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have done it before. More than once. When you work out hard, your body pulls blood from other sources to feed the heart, lungs, and working muscles. Your stomach is somewhere it pulls from. If there is too much solid material in there for your stomach to manage after blood is diverted away, it gets rid of it.

On the plus side, you run till you throw up, you'd be amazed at how much easier running gets after
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I have to wait at least 2-3 hours after eating before running. Especially if I am going to push the pace or I will throw up.
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Old saying it the Marine Corps: "If you ain't puking, you ain't running fast enough." That being said, it could have been from any number of things, and it's just a part of life. And to the comment about pooping on a run? I've seen that happen a few times.
  • SWEETMAY84
    SWEETMAY84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    look at me all worried about TMI and vomiting! ahhhh I love this forum lol
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    So glad I read all this. When the heat/humidity breaks here, I'm planning to see if I can run. Maybe do a couch to 5K thing. If I can. Tiny dream.

I'll be sure to watch when/what I eat and make sure I am never too far from a potty!!
  • SWEETMAY84
    SWEETMAY84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have only gotten the "pooing" feeling LOL when is hot outside... after a couple of miles, my tummy makes noises hahahaha...No accidents yet... with poop at least!
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options

*Raises hand* I have. hahahahahaha (Long time ago though, I was a teenager when it happened).

• 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I used to barf every time they made us do the Presidential Physical Fitness test in grade school, right after the 600-yard dash. I was not a sporty kid. I was thin as a rail but certainly not a runner. I don't miss those days.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

Yup. Happened to me a few weeks ago. Was 4 miles away from the nearest porto-potty and had no choice in the matter. Whatever was in me was coming out. I found a place to duck into the woods and let it go. Had to stop at that porto-potty 4 miles away to clean up...