Snack idea.... sounds easy but I am having trouble

Options
2»

Replies

• CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I really like the "healthy cookies" on skinnytaste.com made with only mashed banana, oats (can use GF oats if desired) and any nuts, dried fruit or chips you like. They are called cookies but really they taste very close to banana bread, so if you like that you will like these. They freeze well too, so I make a whole bunch at once, freeze them in small baggies and take a bag to work each week.

My other go to is light string cheese.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you're okay with carbs, popcorn is a yummy snack. I personally prefer protein snacks. When we grill chicken, I always make extra to snack on. Little smoked sausages, a piece of ham, lunchmeat.. Of course you don't want to eat processed meats all the time. But sometimes it's the best option in the house. Raisins are good substitute for sweets. They are rather high in calories though so be careful.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    popcorn
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having Greek yogurt with a couple tablespoons of canned pumpkin puree some stevia (you could use maple syrup honey etc.) a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract, and then 1/2 ounce of pecans. SOOO good!!!
  • lillight93
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm home in the afternoon and I'm hungry, I cut into little cubes a peach or an apple and I soak it in a can of white light yogurt!
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    For lunch, I usually make that a serving when I'm making dinner. So, I immediately have lunch for the next day and it keeps me from picking later in the evening....even if it's a salad. But I often make a big pot of chili or soup on the weekends, put it into containers and it's ready to grab and go...same with chopped veggies or other types of salads. Just mentioned lunch because you said that was something hard for you too. Snacks, lots of great ideas above, here's more...in case I missed them up there... rice cakes with cream cheese and cinnamon, sliced provolone with roasted peppers and garlic folded like little tacos, cheese chunks with pickles, ham and cheese roll ups, sugar free jello with whipped cream (make your own with stevia though), laughing cow wedges spread into celery stalks...yum! Protein shakes, greek yogurt or cottage cheese with fresh fruit or even frozen berries.