How much coffee do you drink?

Options

Replies

• Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Drink 8-10 cups (well mugs) most every day. It has to be better for me than vodka?
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have 1-2 mugs a day. 3-4 sounds pretty typical to me, I wouldn't be worried.
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Rather than speculation, I suggest science: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20045678

Roughly 4 cups of coffee are held to be a "safe" amount - more than that is either unstudied or may be hard on your body. I've seen it suggested that more can lead to heart issues, but it is hardly hard evidence.

So either stick with 4 cups or less, or like me, exercise plenty and ignore the evidence because coffee is the nectar of gods :P
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    At east a 20 oz of coffee everyday and sometiems 2 of them. SMH! I am a coffeeaholic.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have two cups a day, not particularly large ones. I prefer milk and sugar, but when counting calories I drink it black or with just a tiny squirt of Stevia. (I don't really like Stevia.)
  • Malec22
    Malec22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm always short on time, I just eat the grounds. Tastes like hell but packs a punch!
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just 2 cups in the morning no sugar, with half and half. I'd rather deal with the fats in half and half than the sugar in creamers or low fat milks. But around the holidays I splurge allowing myself one bottle of a seasonal flavored creamer like pumpkin spice or mint. :)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 cups every day at the minimum. We have an espresso machine, so I make my own iced latte (2 shots of espresso, 10 ice cubes, and 1/2 cup of milk).
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A lot of my friends who post their diaries drink LOTS of coffee - several cups per day. I see nothing wrong with it. I drink coffee here and there but not much. My mum has always drunk at least 3 cups per day, and she's 63 and acts younger than I. ;-) I think you'll be all right.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    We have a Starbucks espresso machine in my office. Enough said.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I just drink one cup a day-- I would drink more if my quickly beating heart would allow it :)
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 "venti" sized coffees...I refill my paper Starbucks cup with homemade coffee until it disintegrates.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    20-40oz a day, either as iced lattes with sugarfree syrup and u/s almondmilk, or just black
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of coffee. I try to drink a glass of water for every coffee I have just to balance things out. o:)
  • SWWIS
    SWWIS Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 1-4 16-24 oz coffees, usually with half and half but no sugar. I'm a coffee addict and I know it.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    I also love my coffee, and this reminds me of a poster I saw once-"Drink coffee- do stupid things faster and with more energy!" :p

My motto!! B)
  • LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I usually have around 32 ounces a day with no sugar and no fat creamer . I can not function without my coffee. I used to drink the international delight iced coffees at the gas stations and would fill up a 32 ounce fountain cup at least twice a day. That was til I looked up the nutrition count . Now I make it at home.
  • Trignon
    Trignon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A few cups a day. Can't understand why some people find the need to put milk and/or sugar in it.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Usually two 12oz mugs everyday. Sometimes more if the need or desire arises. With 1.5 teaspoons of sugar, slowly weaning myself off the sugar to just drinking it black
  • madhouse88
    madhouse88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i drink about 6 coffee cups of coffee a day. if i stop drinking it before 3, it doesn't seem to affect my sleep. but if i drink more of it and later in the day, i get all crazy at night. i do drink a lot of coffee and sometimes i make a cup at 8pm just because i crave it. i think i might seriously be addicted to it. i dont drink alcohol anymore, so maybe my brain is just latching onto another addiction. i used to always use coffee mate, but realized how much crap is in it (hydrogenated oil! eww!) so now I use half and half or I make my own coffee creamer with milk, sweetened condensed milk (which is just milk and sugar), and some vanilla and honey, and sometimes i put cinnamon in it. you gotta try it! yum yum