How much coffee do you drink?

Replies

• dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    I've been drinking coffee since I was a baby (Cuban mother. That's how it's done) and I'm 52 years old now and still drink coffee like it's going out of fashion. I actually stopped for nearly a year because I decided I didn't like to be addicted to anything but then decided that there are far worse things to be addicted to.
    If you do some research, for every study saying that coffee is bad for you there is another saying is great for your health. I choose to believe the ones about how good it is. Then again, I do own a cafe.
  • jorge_ta83
    jorge_ta83 Posts: 49 Member
    1 mug in the morning. And on weekends as a preworkout energy drink. Sensitive to caffeine, a cup of black coffee gets me all crazy bunny previous, and most of the time after the gym.
  • rosanna421
    rosanna421 Posts: 65 Member
    usually 3 in total, but only 2 of them are decaf
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    20 ounces.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    I drink two to three coffees a day- each with 6 ounces of coffee and 4 ounces of milk. Usually I have protein powder in one of my coffees.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Malec22 wrote: »
    I'm always short on time, I just eat the grounds. Tastes like hell but packs a punch!

Oh my, now there's something I didn't expect to read! :)
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    rand486 wrote: »
    Rather than speculation, I suggest science: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20045678

Roughly 4 cups of coffee are held to be a "safe" amount - more than that is either unstudied or may be hard on your body. I've seen it suggested that more can lead to heart issues, but it is hardly hard evidence.

So either stick with 4 cups or less, or like me, exercise plenty and ignore the evidence because coffee is the nectar of gods :P

Haha, I like how you think. I don't drink more than 4, usually just 3 but I do mix some tea in there throughout the day.
  • akajakob
    akajakob Posts: 63 Member
    way too much. I have 2 double espresso in the morning before leaving for work. One more double espresso in the morning and maybe 2 cups of instant coffee during the day. When I get back home, I have another double espresso.
    I do not put anything into my diary because it is always with no milk/no sugar.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    I usually stop when I start to get like this

200.gif
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Definitely need my coffee in the morning. Something is dreadfully wrong if I miss it. :'(

On weekdays I usually only have one cup about 5am but on the weekends I may have two or three cups. I use stevia and evaporated milk.

Coffee is not the enemy. <3
  • viasophia13
    viasophia13 Posts: 14 Member
    It depends on the day! I'm a student, so I'm usually up pretty late doing schoolwork so definitely an 8oz cup in the morning before I do anything else, or if I'm running late I make a 16oz travel mug to take in the car. I'm not a big lunch eater, so on days where I'm not hungry, I head to Starbucks for either tall nonfat latte or cappuccino, no sweetener. Sometimes a cup after school if I need it too! All my homemade coffee I drink with 1tbsp coffeemate natural bliss vanilla/8oz of coffee(:
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    I'll drink usually 1-2 cups, sometimes 3. As for if I put something in it will depend on what kind of coffee it is and whose making it. At home if I just use ground coffee which my sister likes but I find weak, I'll drink it black. Mom loves her Keurig and normally makes us both either a coffee or a Mochaccino or somesuch, if it's coffee she'll put in close to 2 tbsp of coffeemate but depending on the kind of coffee she has available I'll usually put in under a tbsp of coffeemate or drink it black. As for when I drink 'out': McDonald's I drink black, Timothy's I drink their medium blend with a dash of milk, Tim Hortons which I rarely drink because it usually causes me some level of GI issue for a few hours afterwards I'll have one creamer added to. Starbucks I'll stick a bit of milk in there or have their Skinny Peppermint Mocha
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    Probably a pot and a half. Black, nothing in it.
  • Instead of water I drink coffee. Up to 2 liters daily.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I drink a lot of coffee, at least 4 cups most days. I have it with whole milk, but no sugar or anything. Occasionally i make a frappuccino in our blender...coffee, bit of milk, tiny bit of flavoured syrup, and lots of ice.
    When I'm out I like a skinny cappuccino.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    16 ounces, BLACK!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    5 on a bad day, usually I manage 8 though lol. Seriously too much
  • BenjaminS_Fitness
    BenjaminS_Fitness Posts: 70 Member
    3-5 cups every day.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    I love my coffee. I usually have it with a tub of coffee mate vanilla creamer (25 calories). I could have up to three cups a day, maybe 4. Is that too much to be drinking? I'm not concerned about the calories, just about having that much coffee.

As long as you have no health issues exacerbated by caffeine consumption, a few cups a day won't harm you.
  • starrmarie1960
    starrmarie1960 Posts: 6 Member
    Ok here is a thought. Each of us have our vices. Mine is coffee as many others as seen above. Since I started this diet and this group it is the only surgar I have for the whole day. I have two large mugs with two serings of pumpkin spice cream. Yes I know the sugar is not good exspecailly because of my diabetes. But I count them and move on with my day. The coffee is not bad for you at all. The caffine helps with circulation as well as increasing your motabulation. There other benifets as well. The only thing you need to watch is the surgar and the carbohidrates in each cup. As long as you are aware of those and you count them you are ok. I believe that if I didn't drink my coffee each day I would cheat by on something much worse like a candy bar. I wish you success