Severe binge eating.

Options
2»

Replies

• hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Eating disorders are very serious. First off you need to figure out what is triggering you to Binge. And trust me hun, if you have a true eating disorder you can't just stop it. There are no special diets ( such as the 5 bit diet) that will cure it. Like alcoholism, drug abuse, it is a serious problem that sometimes can only be resolved with professional help. There is nothing wrong with seeking that help. We here on MFP can support you, encourage you, motivate you. But we are not professionals who can fix this problem for you. And no one on here should be advising you to go on a special diet. So please get the proper help that you need before this becomes destructive.
  • SaBh93
    SaBh93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey Beth- I had a binge-purge thing which I had to get out off. Since I didn't seek therapy, it took much longer for me to sort myself out.

First, I stopped the purging. Completely. It made me feel sick to my stomach which I saw as a negative disincentive to eat everything there. It took many times- about 6 months in total. I did gain a substantial amount of weight (20 lbs), but now I am not interested in binging.

Right now, it's a bit hard as I'm trying to lose the weight, but without being overtly restrictive on my calories consumed. I realised that the lower my calories were, the greater my need to eat everything, so I tend to keep it at 1600-1800 (with the occasional day going to 2000, 2100), and I do exercise (burning about 400 cals per session, 3-4 times a week).

Hope this helps.
  • mtforrest07
    mtforrest07 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been pretty lax about my diet lately too...I know I've put on a few pounds but I am eating too much lately. I think one challenge is recognizing what triggers your overeating...anytime I eat a snack or a meal when I'm not hungry and just for the taste, I almost always overeat. When I eat when I'm hungry, I will stay on track. Find your own little quirks to discover what started you on overeating and you will be able to find a solution. :)