When you have 200-300 cals left...

Options
saltorian
saltorian Posts: 192 Member
...at the end of the day, what do YOU do?

I usually try to eat back my exercise calories and stay within 100 calories above or below my goal, but I exercised a lot more today than usual (mostly excitement over my new HRM and accidental overcompensation for the tiramisu I ate this morning). I didn't really expect to have burned as many calories as I did!

I guess that's a good problem to have, but now I'm trying to figure out what to do, especially because I was under by quite a bit yesterday, too. I already planned in a snack (which I'm going to have shortly). Should I add a little almond butter or something to avoid being so far under? What's your strategy when this happens?

Thanks for sharing!

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I had this problem this evening and ate an entire large pot of greek yoghurt.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    raw nuts, whole foods, dried apricots/cheeries. Yogurt, good stuff. Some greek Yogurt with some granola in it would get you right where you wanted to be.
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    BEER
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I did the almond butter and rice cake yesterday too.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    A refreshing glass of chocolate milk. The milk is good for protein and the chocolate is just plain "good" (tasting).
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    Blue Bunny Frozen Yogurt... but then again i have one hell of a sweet tooth LOL
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I leave my calories but usually I will find something to eat, like yummy edamame!
  • sofabolousx3
    Options
    i have the same problem. i've been working out a lot lately and i always seem to have tons of calories left over. i tend to just eat little snacks after IF i'm hungry. but i don't really force myself to. good luck!

6028069.png
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    cashews are my favorite calorie booster
  • FinMcK
    FinMcK Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I l:laugh: aughed out loud!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Where are you lacking? I like adding extra protein, so I will just make a protein pudding, shake, or other similar meal. Last night I made a molten lava cake made with an egg white, whey, cocoa pwder, and water.
  • redtrain
    redtrain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I kinda have the same question/problem my body is use to eating nearly 4000 calories a day but with this diet im on now im supposed to be eating 1675 calories. im not realy hungry but at the end of the day im usualy now 200 to 300 calories under my 1675 mark. Do i need to stay with 1675 for energy purposes or is it okay to be a few hundred calories below my goal?
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    cadbury creme egg. yep. i said it. totally ate one just last night!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'm in the same boat, only I have 742 calories I need to eat after I finish this huge dinner. *blech* For some reason, my eating gets off schedule when I work out and I tend to end up with this problem.

One thing I've found is cashews. LOVE them. And they are a good, not too filling "filler." Sounds bad, but I also added 1TBSP of olive oil to my dinner (when I normally would have used Pam) and a 1/2 TBSP of butter to my potato. I guess it's the lesser of two evils. *eye roll*

I'm looking forward to the suggestions you get.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    fiber one bars, peanuts, a smoothie, a slimfast shake, progresso soups, I actually like the weight watchers ice cream bars too. apple or banana with peanut butter, and chocolate chips. the possibilities are endless.
    If I am actually hungry I might go for a snack thats not so good like pizza rolls, or a few onion rings, I also like english muffin pizzas
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    BEER

LOL that would definitely take care of the calorie problem!
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    I was hoping I'd find a post like this today. I'm having this problem too, but I'm full. I don't want anymore to eat. I think adding some of the higher calorie cooking aids like butter and olive oil is a great idea. In fact, I'm really looking forward to having butter on my brussel sprouts again. I never thought I'd get used to eating 1300 calories, and now I am having trouble keeping up with it. Thanks for the advice!

Good health to you all!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Depends what I need or am over on regarding nutrients. It usually ends up being unsalted peanuts (about 60 pieces) or air-popped popcorn (no sodium in either!)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Newcastle (or another good beer) and some air popped popcorn..... Peanut butter and apple... a small glass of wine with some almonds...

I'm attempting to listen to my hunger a bit as I approach maintenance: if I'm not hungry, I go to bed and call it good. I really, really want to learn to live this loss.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Since I'm still a ways from goal (a bit more than 30 pounds), I don't really worry about one or two hundred calories. I imagine this will change as I get closer. But if I'm way under I'll try to add in a reasonable snack. Things I like for this are: a cup of yogurt; peanut butter on whole grain toast or an apple; glass of chocolate milk or hot chocolate; bowl of cereal with skim milk; a piece of cinnamon toast and a glass of milk; cheese toast (melt a slice of cheese on a piece of whole grain bread in the toaster oven, sometimes add mustard for more flavor).